HEROES 7 Trial by Fire

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

HEROES 7 Trial by Fire

Unread postby saugeen123 » 07 Aug 2016, 12:01

According to Celestial Heaven's website this add-on is available Aug 4. I cannot find where I can purchase and download it. The trailer is there.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: HEROES 7 Trial by Fire

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Aug 2016, 17:06

I thought this was well-known but I suppose it could be a good idea to give out some links. TbF is available from:

- Steam
- Ubisoft's Uplay shop
- Amazon UK (Uplay download code)

I didn't post these in the news because, frankly, I don't recommend buying it at this point.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 07 Aug 2016, 17:50

Just wait until prices drop. I'm pretty sure by Christmas there will be really cheap special offers.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 Aug 2016, 11:07

Kalah wrote:... I don't recommend buying it at this point.
How much long time should pass till this game became "recommendable"?

This is just mind-boggling.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Aug 2016, 14:13

@parcaleste
The problem is, that planned game introduction on twich was cancelled and there weren't any reviews. Now they are slowly coming, if you count youtube.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 09 Aug 2016, 16:25

With Ubisoft products, don't be impatient. Unless you enjoy paying premium prices to be a beta tester.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Aug 2016, 18:30

Pol wrote:The problem is, that planned game introduction on twich was cancelled and there weren't any reviews. Now they are slowly coming, if you count youtube.
There was unofficial stream from one of players during release day, so you could watch it and even talk with some Limbic people (they showed up during stream and answered most of questions).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Aug 2016, 18:35

@Avonu
Link?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Aug 2016, 18:36

https://www.twitch.tv/evil_entertainment

And sorry - by "showed up" I meant they showed up on chat box, not in stream itself.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Aug 2016, 19:03

There would be interesting to know how they are related.

The game is missing dynamic. The "evil" guide is actually bored. But what I can say, strategical games should be always in 2D with 3D execution only for feast of your eyes. I didn't not spot any AI enhancements. Anything better on this field?

Thanks for that Avonu. ;)
"We made it!"

LucJPatenaude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LucJPatenaude » 20 Aug 2016, 16:16

Actually, a lot of people would rather buy this Stand-Alone Expansion and, complete the one and only campaign that is included in this Edition of MMHeroes7. One or two patches only to download and install and, voilà, a wonderful title to enjoy without the whole fuss of calling it a mere add-on to a previous title of the same but older edition of it all. The RMG will bring many more years of enjoyment to it + fan made maps to add to that player-owner of this game.

Pretty much like Heroes 5: Tribes of The East v.3.0 that kept being called the second expansion but, turns out to be the only Stand-Alone product of the same title`s edition that I ever needed. Winter of 2008 brought the patch 3.1 that concluded the whole development of that title. Several fan made mods were developed ever since the original release of that game in Fall of 2007(Win. Vista Home Premium`s official release as well). Now, a major mod. called: Heroes 5.5 is now, fully, in use by hundreds of lavish players from all over the world of the classic title of Heroes 5:T.o.T.E v.3.1.
:)

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 02 Sep 2016, 03:58

LucJPatenaude wrote:Actually, a lot of people would rather buy this Stand-Alone Expansion and, complete the one and only campaign that is included in this Edition of MMHeroes7. One or two patches only to download and install and, voilà, a wonderful title to enjoy without the whole fuss of calling it a mere add-on to a previous title of the same but older edition of it all. The RMG will bring many more years of enjoyment to it + fan made maps to add to that player-owner of this game.

Pretty much like Heroes 5: Tribes of The East v.3.0 that kept being called the second expansion but, turns out to be the only Stand-Alone product of the same title`s edition that I ever needed. Winter of 2008 brought the patch 3.1 that concluded the whole development of that title. Several fan made mods were developed ever since the original release of that game in Fall of 2007(Win. Vista Home Premium`s official release as well). Now, a major mod. called: Heroes 5.5 is now, fully, in use by hundreds of lavish players from all over the world of the classic title of Heroes 5:T.o.T.E v.3.1.
:)
Seems as though what you are saying is, don't buy the vanilla product even after it is patched. Wait a year or more, then buy the stand alone expansion which is relatively bug free and cost effective.

Can't say I disagree with that. :tsup:

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 14 Oct 2016, 17:12

On sale for $6.29 US at Green Man Gaming right now. I will finally pull the trigger.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 14 Oct 2016, 17:41

Even though price is now below USD10, I'm not buying. I know it hasn't been fully patched and already Ubisxxt has pulled the plug.

Heroes Mod5.5 is proving very awesome. I believe h5 will have another 10 years to go as a result of Quantomas, Magnomagus, and their dedicated team of volunteers.

H7 is going to be dead unless someone out there breaks the drm, hacks the game, makes his own patch/ mod and turns it into something good and all fansites, such as CH here, turn a blind eye to the hacking and accept and host and promote the new H7 mod. Odds of this happening? Lower than Syria's chances of becoming a more advanced and enviable country than Switzerland within 10 years.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Oct 2016, 19:24

While not going into a political rant, :tongue: I think the price should be quite low to warrant a purchase of H7 at this point. Just how low is up to the buyer, of course, but perhaps buying a compilation package with several games at reduced prices would be a better option. Or wait for a GOG version if that ever happens.
Last edited by Kalah on 14 Oct 2016, 19:25, edited 2 times in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 15 Oct 2016, 01:41

cjlee wrote:Even though price is now below USD10, I'm not buying. I know it hasn't been fully patched and already Ubisxxt has pulled the plug.
Completely reasonable position. I feel confident that I can eek out $7 worth of fun from the extra content and units, but I don't blame you for deciding that is not a good use for your money. I appreciate all of the effort you have put into writing guides and editorials on play styles.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 15 Oct 2016, 12:59

Writing guides and discussing play styles isn't hard work; I love to do it.

More importantly, all the sharing of information helps other people. I certainly get plenty of help from reading other people too.

Now for example, I'm writing a lot about my experiences with H5.5 mod on campaigns. Magnomagus doesn't encourage people to try his mod that way, but I just want to do it because I like to try playing the campaign heroes in their new builds.

It's quite an eye opener to replay one of our favourite heroes, and see him changed.

I'm talking a lot on the H5 forum now, which bumps up lots of threads in the past. By discussing my experiences I hope to get more people to try out the game and maybe respond with their own posts. That's how we can contribute to keeping this community alive. I can't code, I can't draw, I can't render - but I can think and write.

Namerutan
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Namerutan » 15 Oct 2016, 13:20

cjlee wrote: I can't code, I can't draw, I can't render - but I can think and write.
Which honors you... :applause:

Simira
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Simira » 07 Jan 2017, 14:57

Is there a walkthrough for this one yet? I seem to have gotten stuck...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Jan 2017, 19:49

Not yet.
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes VII”