Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Aug 2016, 01:58

@gourley4p: Is there something special about that? If they price the original at full price now it would be madness, but asking full price for a new release (full game + expansion) is normal, isn't it? Anyway, cjlee is right; prices will soon drop and then I suspect H7complete will be a decent purcharse.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 06 Aug 2016, 11:21

Kalah mate no dude, no, they have actively removed the vanilla game lol

it was 30 quid and they have taken it down at the opportune moment to shill the expansion, you must buy either deluxe edition (50), Trial By Erwin (30) or Complete (50) which is shady lol

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 07 Aug 2016, 17:56

IIRC most Heroes games came with 2 expansions. I remember reading that H7 is also planned with 2 expansions, one for dwarves and one for inferno/ demons.

This means that if you are one of those Instant Gratification folks, you will be suckered big time. H7 Complete now is basically the vanilla edition plus dwarves. You overpaid for a beta version game last year, and now you are overpaying for an expansion that has very limited content.

And six months after that...

a new standalone expansion, 7 Heroes Bedeviled comes out. Once again the content is just one new race and one new campaign and maybe a couple new maps. Ubisoft pulls all the older versions from the market, so no way to buy anything except by paying for a new 'MMH7 Extra-Complete'. More money pours into Ubisoft coffers.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Trial By Fire- The Dwarf expansion

Unread postby Pol » 09 Aug 2016, 19:31

Pol wrote:And it was officially released!

Trial by Fire come in two editions:
#1 - Standalon Addon Trial by Fire for 30€
#2 - MMH7: Complete Edition (including base game, Lost Tales of Axeoth campaigns and Trial by Fire expansion) for an unknown price and availability atm.
Just to complete it, the later is offered for 50€. Also patch 2.0 for main game was released, changelog is here.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

LucJPatenaude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LucJPatenaude » 20 Aug 2016, 15:31

The way I get to see it all is: If you already own the Deluxe Vanilla Edition that you kept upgrading digitally through the game client of Uplay or Steam, your game becomes expanded already up to the version 2.0-xxxxx + the newest patch that was offered automatically via the game clients which in turn, brings the newly expanded game up to version 2.1-xxxxx.

So, you get two new options here:1. Rather you uninstall the old game and install the newest title that comes Stand-Alone(launches and works by itself).
2. Or, you simply launch the game in the version 2.1-xxxxx and activate you digital copy of the Add-On expansion of Trial by Fire(Dwarves expansion) where in which calls out your game client of your choice and downloads it and installs it in the same directory as the main game's files are situated + configures it to make sure it is auto. merged with the whole completed game.

The 3rd option is mainly good for 1st time buyers of the title and, it is called the MMH7: Complete Edition. Please note that, the installer will have a pop-up window that gives you multiple options before starting the whole installation process. Main game alone or, with the Add-on and, the Stand-Alone expansion + choice to go online to get the latest patches right-a-way for a fully ready Edition of the game.

Hope that clears out a lot of misunderstandings about all the choices that bestow us all. ;)

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danny » 03 Nov 2016, 11:42

Couldn't even find the info anywhere: are the two campaigns Fortress and Haven centered in the expansion?

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 03 Nov 2016, 14:55

Danny wrote:Couldn't even find the info anywhere: are the two campaigns Fortress and Haven centered in the expansion?
Yes, at least as regards singleplayer experience.
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

Danny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Danny » 03 Nov 2016, 17:25

Antalyan wrote:
Danny wrote:Couldn't even find the info anywhere: are the two campaigns Fortress and Haven centered in the expansion?
Thanks, so that's almost like a Hammers of Fate rehash... :devious:

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 04 Nov 2016, 16:07

Danny wrote:
Antalyan wrote:
Thanks, so that's almost like a Hammers of Fate rehash... :devious:
Technically yes but it comes with much better story this time ;)
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 11 Dec 2016, 14:33

I have been reading many good comments about the Russian balance mod for H7.

Thanks to these messianic Russians (and not these evil Ubisoft Frenchmen), the world is saved. I was seriously thinking about getting Trial By Fire.

Then I found that I could not get it cheap anymore.

A few months ago, Trial By Fire was on sale by some vendors for $3.99 and $6.99. But now these guys have cleared stock, leaving $29.99 as the cheapest price.

I don't intend to pay full price for an expansion that I have to patch using fanmods. But I'll keep an eye on this market. When Trial By Fire price drops to under $10, I'll probably come back. Hopefully by then fanmods will be even better!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Dec 2016, 16:09

One can alwaays hope. :D

I was reading something about that weather mod and it was interesting too. Again, a mod.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 12 Dec 2016, 06:43

by now haven't you realized that Ubisoft cannot be trusted to produce anything usable?

I've always said, I really welcome people who disagree with me and love Heroes VII.

These people are the one who will mod the game until we all love it.

Return to “Heroes VII”