Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Lomedae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

Unread postby Lomedae » 26 Apr 2016, 17:47

Well, it's officially announced, with a June 2nd release. https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... al-by-fire

Let's see what they have in store.

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Trial By Fire- The Dwarf expansion

Unread postby gourley4p » 27 Apr 2016, 02:21

Thanks for the post. I barely check that site now. I check here daily, and you helped me out.

Not sure I will buy this on Day 1. I will be sinking a lot of hours in Stellaris starting on 5/9. Trial by Fire might have to be a later purchase.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Apr 2016, 09:01

More screenshots and 2 artworks:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/445310

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 28 Apr 2016, 08:01

Lizardman shooters - a flashback - cool, Bear Riders - OK, they were in the lore before... but Werehamsters - really?

What's next, please?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Apr 2016, 08:44

A Dwarf-eating Carrot? :up:

EDIT:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 28 Apr 2016, 10:29

^ Still more evil than WEREHAMSTERS.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 28 Apr 2016, 14:53

gourley4p wrote:Thanks for the post. I barely check that site now. I check here daily, and you helped me out.

Not sure I will buy this on Day 1. I will be sinking a lot of hours in Stellaris starting on 5/9. Trial by Fire might have to be a later purchase.
No ubisoft product should be purchased on Day 1. Even at Day 100 they are high risk.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Apr 2016, 15:58

After day 999 you usually know, where you are..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 28 Apr 2016, 17:28

I don't regret my Day 1 purchase of MMH7. I have gotten my money's worth without doubt. Based on that experience, why wouldn't I consider buying the expansion on Day 1? I know why you wouldn't, but different keystrokes for different folks.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

Unread postby Pol » 29 Apr 2016, 04:47

gourley4p wrote:I don't regret my Day 1 purchase of MMH7. I have gotten my money's worth without doubt. Based on that experience, why wouldn't I consider buying the expansion on Day 1? I know why you wouldn't, but different keystrokes for different folks.
I'm very slow at buying games, careful, demanding.

Albeit there are companies, with sound names, which could push me forward - if that would the only factor to consider. Like Amanita Design (Samorost3), Benoît Sokal (Syberia3) or JVC (if he did M&M ever again). It's about vision/visionars.

Which reminds me, that I don't know anyone for Heroes7, these for Heroes6 did not become known either. Previous H5 is fixed with Fabrice, as unification person/visionary. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 11 May 2016, 12:17

gourley4p wrote:I don't regret my Day 1 purchase of MMH7. I have gotten my money's worth without doubt.
Are you still playing the game? Downloading maps? Using the map generator? Replaying any campaigns?

Bugs aside, I did not find the AI worth any praise. So how did you squeeze value out of the game when the AI is so poor?

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 16 May 2016, 19:21

Sorry for the tardy response, cjlee. I didn't mean to ignore your questions.

Am I still playing?
I have not finished the second chapter of Lost Tales of Axeoth, but I am not currently playing because I have been going hard and heavy with Stellaris from Paradox Interactive (~60 hours in the first week). I will return to MMH7, and I am very excited about some of the announced changes with randomized skill wheels and RMG. I wish I could see how many hours I have played so far. I would guess 50 to 60 hours or more, and I am not done yet.

Am I downloading or creating maps?
I have never downloaded any maps. I have played with the map creation tool twice. I had a map design in mind but have not bothered to learn how to use the tool to create it yet. I am certain I will do more with that in the future. However, I do not see much value in trying to share maps with the sizes being so large. It makes hosting them cumbersome.

Am I replaying campaigns?
Replaying the campaigns seems likely by the end of this calendar year--on a harder difficulty setting. I'd also like to play with a couple of different choices, though I suspect the differences are not meaningful.

Am I bothered by the easy AI?
I played most on Normal difficulty the first trip through because I wasn't looking for challenge. I was looking to play with the new creatures and test the mechanics while getting the story. I doubt I would ever play on the highest difficulty setting, though. Simply put, I am not as good at the game as you are. As an example, your tip about not upgrading minotaurs so that Dungeon would have a heavy HP meat shield never occurred to me. As soon as I read it, what you said made sense. I just would not have developed that strategy on my own.

Thoughts
All of these questions, of course, come with the context of the value you place on them. I asserted that I felt like I got my $60 worth from the game (I am estimating around 50-60 hours of play time) with more enjoyment to come. I gather from your questions that you want a game to completely absorb you and keep you hooked for a long while after release. It also sounds like you are a good enough player that you need some really hard AI (without stupid cheats). I can't fault you for either of those. I wish for you that the multiplayer worked better because I think that is where you would get the real challenge you need.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 17 May 2016, 13:17

fixed.

Can't help but feel it's a shame they're going this direction with the expansion. In my opinion, Heroes 7 is the first worthy heroes game since 4, and I'm not even sure if 4 was worthy. Yes, it has bugs, but it finally returned to the right feel. Again, that's my opinion. I know many people hate heroes 7.

But the Dwarves are the most boring faction ever. At least the line up is more varied this time around.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 20 May 2016, 11:35

Release date pushed to AUG 4.

Link

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 May 2016, 12:23

That sounds good. :)

That and promised AI patch.

If they would cut game requirements I wouldn't be angry at them as well.
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 21 May 2016, 08:32

gourley4p wrote:Am I still playing?
I have not finished the second chapter of Lost Tales of Axeoth, but I am not currently playing because I have been going hard and heavy with Stellaris from Paradox Interactive (~60 hours in the first week). I will return to MMH7, and I am very excited about some of the announced changes with randomized skill wheels and RMG. I wish I could see how many hours I have played so far. I would guess 50 to 60 hours or more, and I am not done yet.
So the game is just so awesome you had to drop it to play something else! :wall:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 May 2016, 11:10

You didn't play Stellaris, did you? I think this game is truly successor of Master of Orion 1-2 and these three games* are much better then any Heroes game, including Heroes 2. ;)
No wonder one would play it instead of Heroes 3, not to mention instead of any Ubisoft's MM titles.

*Third game is Master of Magic, which was released in same time as Heroes 1, and it still didn't get rightful successor - even Age of Wonders series is missing some of MoM features.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 21 May 2016, 18:16

For me nothing is better than HoMM.

And you know what I think of MMH.

But no, I didn't play Stellaris, but thanks for the recommendation.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 May 2016, 19:29

Do you guys think the rhino is a palette swap of the bear? :confused:

Return to “Heroes VII”