Game start up taking too long... why?

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Game start up taking too long... why?

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 18 Jan 2016, 13:02

Recently I upgraded my computer and now I have what it takes to play Heroes VII, but every time I start the game or the editor it takes up to 20 minutes or more to start it up, also, when changing screens (from the first to the multiplayer/singleplayer/etc it takes too much time, like 10 seconds or more). Does anyone have any similar problem? Is it supposed to be like that. I don't think my cpu is slow as I have AMD Phenom hexa-core 2,9 ghz processor and 4GB RAM, my GPU is a bit weaker (Saphire Radeon 6570 1GB DDR3) but that shouldn't affect the start up of the game...

I would appreciate if someone could help me with an answer or two, thanks in advance.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Game start up taking too long... why?

Unread postby cjlee » 18 Jan 2016, 14:00

sad to say, this is the punishment you get for buying Ubisoft products...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jan 2016, 16:02

20 min, that's too long - it usually takes a couple of minutes with my rig. The editor takes 4 minutes, it's more resource needy and that's normal.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 18 Jan 2016, 16:31

:(
I don't know, maybe it's not 20mins but it damn sure felt like that. Can that be fixed by a patch, I hope they fix it in the future.

Also, I only started it up twice to see if it was working and haven't played, other times I didn't have patience to wait the start up time but I am sure I haven't seen the hot sit option for multiplayer, if I'm wrong tell me because honestly I didn't upgrade my computer just to have to wait 10-20 or whatever minutes to start the game and not be able to play with my friends. On that note, how long does it take for AI to end their turns (if I decide to play it I sure hope it wouldn't take me a month in real time to finish a map, lol)?

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 18 Jan 2016, 18:47

I definitely overreacted, it does lag but not 20minutes, it more like 5 or maybe I had something running in background so it lagged more, IDK. On the hot sit issue - I've found it, they should have put it in multiplayer not in single - it's confusing.

On the game in general, I don't really like it as it is. I've played HMM3 and it was great (I still play it occasionally), played 4 and didn't like it, played 5 and still play it (cause it's the best). I couldn't play 6 on my old computer and now I tried 7 and it the very similar to 4 and I don't like it. I loved the rotation in 5 and the town screens - they were truly 3D. In 4 and in 6 you have 3D but what good is it when you can't rotate and see behind an object... The town screens, damn it, if they decided not to make it 3D they should have made the creature screen (one where you recruit the creatures) 3D, like in 5...

In general, HMM3 and HMM5 are the best, don't know if I should try 6...

Return to “Heroes VII”