Heroes 7 music full soundtrack (link) and commentary

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes 7 music full soundtrack (link) and commentary

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 21 Jan 2016, 01:57

I thought that was the credits theme. I don't recall they used it for the Barbarian town. But now that I'm old and wrinkly, my memory is not what it used to be. :S
cjlee wrote:MrHackcrag, I agree with your description of H3 stronghold theme. It is reminiscent of great plains, soaring cliffs, blue skies. It was neither barbaric nor 'strong' but still something I could associate with barbarians.
[/quote]

Pretty sure that was Panda.

bitmaid
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bitmaid » 29 Jan 2016, 17:46

I'm critical when it comes to music but I'm happy with the H7 soundtracks. They are beautiful and all the faction themes fit the factions pretty well in my opinion, even The Journeyman's Encounter. It's awesome. You have to play the campaign to appreciate it though. It sounds like "the rise of Imani" to me lol. Some of the terrain themes are a bit off. I do agree that The Fortune Keep is the least aggressive battle theme ever, but then again H7 doesn't feel like an intense game and most of the battles don't give much pressure.

Other than that, not to find fault with them but just as side notes:

9. Requiem for a King (Plains theme) feels a little too relaxed, too soft... it is for an adventure map, after all.

10. The Realm of the Dead (Wasteland theme) - not my favorite, but you can hear a conspiracy brewing...

11. A Lonely Journey (Snow theme) sounds too fairy-tale-like.

12. Ashes and Cinders (Lava theme)- I had no idea it's the Lava theme and took it as a secondary theme for Dungeon lol.

17. Tinkering with the Dwarves (AI turn theme)- this is a funny one. It fits perfectly well with the AI turn because- unfortunately- the hilarity of it implies an incompetent opponent...........

I know it's backward to suggest that a game should be designed around its music and I'm not going to. I merely wish to point out that if you think the music is out of place at times, it's possibly due to the fact that the game mechanics are flawed (not that the game is good and the music doesn't fit)

As for the composer, I believe Roc Chen also composed some of the soundtracks (not sure which ones though)
WİNCHESTER52-SİNEKBEY-CASTELLCODEN-THEMYSTER-HAYALET

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 30 Jan 2016, 00:07

bitmaid wrote: As for the composer, I believe Roc Chen also composed some of the soundtracks (not sure which ones though)
I believe he was also a unit in the game once. ;|

Return to “Heroes VII”