Bug Reports after patch 1.6

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Bug Reports after patch 1.6

Unread postby Alfalken » 17 Dec 2015, 17:03

Okay, the game just crashed on me. Twice. Fought a neutral Titans stack, used Firebolt for the one-hit kill, saw the victory screen, then it crashes. I thought it was a one-time issue, but then I restarted the game, did the same thing.. and it crashes again. :(

I managed to get around it by using Quick Combat on that stack. Not sure what caused the bug in the first place, but I've sent the game log and saves to Dan. Hopefully they can figure it out..

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 17 Dec 2015, 18:09

Well, luckily QC didn't make you lose the battle for unknown reasons. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 25 Dec 2015, 17:45

Well, somehow I managed to encounter the skill-disappearing bug from the previous patch. Again.

Here's what happens.. I used Imperial Griffin's Battle Dive in a siege battle. Now, assuming it works like H5's version, it should hit next turn and land my Griffin somewhere close to where I dived. Next turn, it hits, but my Griffin just... vanishes. But the portrait and movement grid is still there, as if the Griffin hasn't moved from their original position. So I tried moving it and attack an enemy, and then... the battle screen went black. Like, the sound is still playing and the turn display and menu options are still there, but I cant see any terrain or creature.

I decided to abandon the battle and quit to the main menu. Then when I reloaded the game.. I found out that my main hero has lost all of his skills and spells. Just like the previous patch.

Well, I managed to "fix" that using the Cheat menu as described in the game's official site. Gave myself all the missing skills, and went back to town to relearn the missing spells. Warcries are still missing though, haven't figured out how to fix that one. Prolly have to unlearn and relearn it using the Cheat menu.

Now I'm just afraid that using the Cheats would affect my game afterwards in some way. Seems like the game thinks that my hero is Lethos (the same hero from H5) now, and gave him his unique ability (poison every turn).

Although to be fair, why I keep going on with this game despite all that happened, is that I think the game's actually pretty well made. The gameplay, campaign and storyline is pretty solid overall, with a few kinks here and there. Now if they would just squash these bugs for good..

Kewt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kewt » 27 Dec 2015, 04:49

There are a few bugs for map The Blessings of Freedom.

1: You are unable to press wait, W for the healing sisters in battle.

2: For some battles, Crurassier will not enter battle with Tomas. (unavailable for selection). 1 such battle is the first obelisk.

3: The invaders seem to do nothing after u broke enough bridges. They just end their turns, not bothering to repair bridges and hunting u down.

4: For the hammer fall catapult, if you enter with Ymoril, the griffins wont be triggered. It is only when Tomas enter hammer fall then the griffins are triggered.

Please fix!

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 03 Jan 2016, 15:44

Happy New Year! Let's begin the year with a silly text bug :lol:

SirAlan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirAlan » 05 Jan 2016, 15:52

I've played through 1.3 on normal and heroic, and 1.6 on heroic playing for no losses with numerous battle restarts. Those who remember me know I'm thorough but it's been years since I ran the map testing for IV (Jeez, Snowflake was 15 years old when we did the Bestiary here and she's 26 now lol)

This is the post I just put on ubisoft's H7 forum. I bought the digital deluxe release as 1.6

Combat bugs.

Pre-combat
:

Rare Sometimes, the number of slots available at the first screen of a battle is 4. This increases to 7 if you split or move a stack. I have previously played a 1.3 version of the game and the 9 slot option never worked properly causing me to avoid it in this version. I imagine it will still cause loss of troops.

Not so rare Sometimes troops are positioned on top of rocks or 1 row further north than should be possible. If they are not repositioned they are not placed on the battlefield.

Rare Sometimes a whole troop stack will disappear from the slots, but will reappear if you shuffle the placement of the troops you still see (the stack is there but invisible. Putting another stack into that slot makes them reappear as if you swapped positions).

On the battlefield:

Very rare Sometimes enemies are 'not there' (usually when there is only 1 stack left on the battlefield). I cannot touch them with magic or might and I can put my creatures on top of them. If I do so my creatures may appear a half square off position on the next turn but move to a normal position when I move them next turn. I win by retaliation of their strikes.

Always Blizzard, when cast as the second spell in a combat round (prime grandmaster), does the same damage and lasts as long as if it was the first spell.
(Perhaps this is OK, if the magic level of the second spell - 20 magic - still provides for a 5 round duration etc. I don't know the algorithm but I'm surprised if it should be so strong).

Always The animation for blizzard disappears after 3 rounds but the spell persists for 5.

Always Some spells under-report the damage they will do. Sometimes this is because of metamagic and the like but shouldn't this be factored in?

Playing single player Dungeons and Minions on heroic was difficult and fun, but towards the end if I defeat a red hero with many artefacts the game crashes to desktop. I'm thinking this has to do with the general state of the artefact problem, but this is the only place I've encountered it. Scenario is unfinishable for me.

Adventure bugs

A real pain that this persists. Getting the haven side quest with those sword bits was impossible because attempting to transfer from one hero to another caused them to disappear. Even when I got all 6 in my main hero by repeatedly transferring artefacts which morph into other artefacts, the target did not recognize them as present and would not reforge them. I guess they are not all there...their ID's are certainly not their own even if the image icons are.

Always The fountain of refreshment only works for one day. The following day it appears 'unvisited' and has to be revisited to get the bonus.

There are more, but these are the ones I remember from the last three days play.

Just as an afterthought....I've never experienced some of the common bugs reported, like the missing skills even though I've played for many many hours. That in itself should tell the devs something of the nature of these bugs.

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 06 Jan 2016, 09:18

Thanks for the 1.6 bug reports guys and girls. A LOT has been fixed (And I will go through the list and give a better breakdown later this afternoon) I can confirm that yesterday we pushed a fix internally that solves any and all artifact issues (transferring between heroes, possibly duping, sometimes a crash, sometimes they go missing) and it will now under go testing on our internal build before patching it live.

Again,thanks for the continued support and updates.

SirAlan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirAlan » 06 Jan 2016, 17:08

Always When summon elemental increases number on turn two (prime master skill) the number doesn't update in the turn list at the bottom of the screen.

SirAlan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirAlan » 07 Jan 2016, 17:44

Always When an enemy is suffering from Blizzard, their movement stats are not reduced before the following move. (in the creature pop up on the battle screen)

Always When adding /removing artefacts, the bonus they give to player stats is not updated until the hero window is closed then reopened. (in the hero screen)

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 07 Jan 2016, 20:16

gomaki wrote:Thanks for the 1.6 bug reports guys and girls. A LOT has been fixed (And I will go through the list and give a better breakdown later this afternoon) I can confirm that yesterday we pushed a fix internally that solves any and all artifact issues (transferring between heroes, possibly duping, sometimes a crash, sometimes they go missing) and it will now under go testing on our internal build before patching it live.

Again,thanks for the continued support and updates.
Hi gomaki, why you disappeared from HC? Where can we speak with your team now and ask questions? Steam is really not a good place, there are too many restrictions there.
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Jan 2016, 20:58

I think you could pretty much use this forum. Usually, gomaki takes a time when there's nothing much to add on their current works. Eventually he might have things to share in due course when they start to get some shape.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 12 Jan 2016, 17:00

Hey hey, just a quick one to say I am alive. There are some BIG changes I finally got pushed..Like stuff I would have NEVER thought would get pushed. I can't even go into any clues because I need to wait until next Tuesday when I have a physical meeting with certain people. But there is some great things (literally game changing) and that's not me just BSing or something. Even i'm excited for it.

All bugs and stuff I still read everything daily, you can always email me as well. Or i'll give a direct reply on Steam most days because I set up a RSS for it.

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby saugeen123 » 24 Jan 2016, 19:22

In the Stronghold campaign 3rd mission and in the Dungeon Campaign 1st mission. I don't know to discribe what happens, but after I have been playing the game for a while the background becomes unstable. every time I move the curser the backgound moves also. I can't even close the game properly. I have to close it with the task manager. I didn't have any problem with any of the campaigns I have completed

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 25 Jan 2016, 10:58

Interesting saugeen123. I can't say i've ever encountered that issue. If i'm entirely honest it sounds like it could be hardware related? But I don't know enough about this issue for me to state that is the case. If you happen to get it again could you send me some Logs, a screen shot or short GIF/Vid of how it looks and i'll make sure to pass it on to the person who would be able to fix/provide more details.

Return to “Heroes VII”