Bug Reports after patch 1.6

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Bug Reports after patch 1.6

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Dec 2015, 15:06

Patch 1.6 available now.

[Topic edited by admin to include general bugreporting tips]

Please report bugs here.

Nothing else in this thread, just bug reports (to make it easy for the devs to read). :)

At the bottom of your bug report, you can report your computer specs: CPU, OS, RAM, graphics hardware and software.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Bug Reports after patch 1.6

Unread postby Alfalken » 08 Dec 2015, 19:19

Reading the patch notes while waiting for the patch to complete.. I like how they've started doing game balancing, like this one:
Nerfed the spells Retribution, Celestial Armour and Sylanna's Bounty
Now Retribution was crazy powerful and almost single-handedly wrecked my army on Haven 3 Campaign, even when it says the enemy is "Trivial" for me. I'm interested to see how they nerf it. Also, Sylanna's Bounty.. well IMO it feels kinda annoying since I have to keep it up to all of my ore/wood pits so that you get the full benefits.

Anyways, now that balancing is on the books, how about Implosion? With boosts to spell power, I've seen it go all the way to 100%+, which means it will one hit kill whatever stack it hits, provided they don't have resistances/immunities.. that stack of 300 Bloodeyed Cyclopes? Boom. Gone.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Dec 2015, 19:32

Alfalken, check if Efreet is in the game. So far, reports suggest they forgot to add this unit to the game, or maybe they forgot to clear this note after deciding not to add it anymore? Also, reminding that this patch DOESN'T fix corrupted save games. So, if you had that problem where your hero forgot spells and skills, you'll have to start over.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 09 Dec 2015, 03:57

I haven't encountered it in game. Checked the ingame encyclopedia thingy for the unit list, and it's not listed there..

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 09 Dec 2015, 09:34

Looks like the Efreet thing was me blowing my load too soon and copying from the wrong document. These aren't the Efreets you are looking for.

I'll start collating any bugs people find now and whether we're aware and have already fixed or if I need to investigate them myself on the new builds.

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 10 Dec 2015, 03:47

Looks like the Efreet thing was me blowing my load too soon and copying from the wrong document
Looks like that sentence didn't come up quite right, Dan.. :D

Anyways, it seems there's a minor bug with the Fountain of Restoration site that's been around since earlier versions. Its description says that the effect (+morale and movement) should last for 3 battles. But after visiting the fountain and ending my turn, in the next turn the fountain will still say "not visited". When I try to revisit the fountain, it'll say "There's no need for a visit" but it still refreshes my movement points.

Also there was a weird bug when I tried to transfer artifacts from hero to hero. It doesn't transfer the artifact I chose, instead it copies another artifact in my hero's inventory and transfers it.. I end up having two of the same artifacts, and none of the artifact that I wish to transfer. 8|

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 10 Dec 2015, 04:27

Alfalken wrote:
Looks like the Efreet thing was me blowing my load too soon and copying from the wrong document
That was the best thing I've read on the internet for a month and thanks for that. :proud:

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 10 Dec 2015, 09:21

Alfalken wrote:

Anyways, it seems there's a minor bug with the Fountain of Restoration site that's been around since earlier versions. Its description says that the effect (+morale and movement) should last for 3 battles. But after visiting the fountain and ending my turn, in the next turn the fountain will still say "not visited". When I try to revisit the fountain, it'll say "There's no need for a visit" but it still refreshes my movement points.

Also there was a weird bug when I tried to transfer artifacts from hero to hero. It doesn't transfer the artifact I chose, instead it copies another artifact in my hero's inventory and transfers it.. I end up having two of the same artifacts, and none of the artifact that I wish to transfer. 8|
I shouldn't write things with out my morning coffee ;)

Thanks for the reports, the hero transferring artifacts and duplicating is new to me so i'll try repo at work. The fountain of restoration is for sure known about and was just on a lower prio to fix. I will make sure to poke the relevant programmer to have a look at their list.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Dec 2015, 12:36

I shouldn't write things with out my morning coffee.
Nah, you just felt like speaking with a bunch of marines, I think. ;)

This artifact problem is being reported since 1.5, actually, Dan. In SC I read about that for a while now, but I thought someone would have reported it here or at HC.

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 10 Dec 2015, 13:02

Ok i'm trying to reproduce this myself and it's not happening. What i'm doing right now.. Have 2 heroes (obviously) I make sure I have artifacts on one, equipped AND in the inventory. I drag and drop the Artifacts from one heroes inventory to the other inventory. And do the same from one heroes equipment slot to the other heroes equipment slot. Both times it worked for me and I tried...20-ish times, doing different variations like..equipment slot to Inventory, equip that, then drag it back. All working. I'll have a chat with some other people see If I can work it out and then get it fixed. But i NEED to be able to reproduce it first.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Dec 2015, 15:04

A guy named Mael___Strom:
Since patch 1.6, I've got some issues with the exchange of artefact between 2 héroes & sometimes also when i try to change heroe's stuff : some artefacts just diseappear or are replaced by another one.
It seems it happens even with only 1 hero, inventory management. Have you tried releasing the artifacts on nowhere? I mean, out of the boxes, dragging them to where they are not supposed to be?

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 10 Dec 2015, 17:58

What happened to me is that it starts pretty normally with stuff transferring, then it starts getting weird when I tried to transfer a mana potion. I have two of them in the main hero's inventory. Then when I clicked it by accident, it shows that I'm transferring one of them to the other hero. I tried to cancel it, but the mana potion end up erasing/overwriting another artifact that I had transferred to the other hero. Tried to undo it by moving the mana potion back, but it ends up messing my inventory even more.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Dec 2015, 18:56

I had that happen to me too. Artefacts that seem to disappear when swapping between meeting heroes.

Edit: confirmed, artefact transfer is bugged. Weird effects happen, such as duplication of artefacts, failure to transfer etc.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Dec 2015, 02:37

Gomaki, read this about that artifact problem. Player says it's easy to reproduce.

Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Madaxe » 15 Dec 2015, 18:11

* Still getting no unit icons for new neutral creatures. If a neutral creature is on the adventure map solo or as an army group, there is nothing graphically on the adventure map but the little blue/white square. In battle screen, I have the unit quantity, but no creature. I can target them and they take damage. But, the attack takes a long time to complete.....it has a long pause during attack.

Dell i7 laptop, 1G Quadro 1000m, 8G RAM
Last edited by Madaxe on 15 Dec 2015, 23:00, edited 7 times in total.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Dec 2015, 18:20

So they are invisibru?

Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Madaxe » 15 Dec 2015, 22:56

Yep, nothing to see here :-). I added pics of the issue to my post above....

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 16 Dec 2015, 11:43

I don't even begin to understand why Limbic keeps pumping out patches at the rate of 1 a week, when every patch brings out nearly as many problems as it solves. This is like an infinite series.

If they had focused on solving preexisting problems and left out the neutrals for an expansion, we won't be facing this problem.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Dec 2015, 12:00

Nightblades - these were invisible units from the other game. Anyway this pic from Madaxe is priceless. :)

"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 17 Dec 2015, 03:53

I think I've seen this reported before in the previous patch, whether in here or other forums.. but seems like spells from artifacts and scrolls ignores creatures' resistances. Even those that are supposed to have complete magic immunity.

Buff from Oasis (morale and movement bonus) says should last for 3 battles. But playing with logs on, I noticed that the effect drops pretty randomly, usually at the end of the turn, but not after battle.

Return to “Heroes VII”