Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Oct 2015, 18:29

One of the most useful (and most used) features on this site is our walkthroughs page. With the release of Heroes VII, we need to update it. Feel like contributing? Getting your stuff read thousands of times by players all over the world? :-D

1. We will wait until the game is reported to be a bit more stable.
2. A single person can do all the campaigns, or we could have a team of several players, each playing different campaigns.

If you're interested, let me know. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Want to make some H7 walkthroughs?

Unread postby cjlee » 09 Oct 2015, 19:38

1. We will wait until the game is reported to be a bit more stable.
I think that's terribly, terribly important.

so much needs to be patched, that you can take it for granted that patches cannot help but make massive changes.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Oct 2015, 20:14

It would be better to get them now. Definitively, in spite of prospect of future paches.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Oct 2015, 21:23

That's not that hard, actually. Some people are being able to play it thoroughly, with minor issues, and many of them say that Campaigns are engaging and fun. But perhaps someone ought to make a tutorial-oriented sort of walkthrough, while there's nothing of the sort in the game.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Oct 2015, 22:08

Given that the patches are bound to change the game, and that people use our walkthroughs for years, I'd prefer them not to be the result of a playthrough of an early version. We wait.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 10 Oct 2015, 10:24

Like Kalah said, people use walkthroughs for years. But the strongest reason militating against doing a walkthrough now, when you're so sure that there will be many, many patches to come making huge changes in the many things that people don't like or the many weaknesses of the AI, is that these games take a long time to finish. Its going to really suck for someone relying on the walkthrough, to find that game environment has changed drastically by the lastest patch.

In any case most reviewers call the AI really stupid and an easy walkover vs human player, even on the hardest difficulty setting. It doesn't look like H3 AI to me.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 12 Oct 2015, 14:54

Well I'll say. maltz's HoMM 5 walkthroughs (which are the only ones I really relied on) are not only helpful, they are quite entertaining to read. Hope someone steps up to write similarly entertaining walkthroughs for H7!
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Oct 2015, 15:06

Maltz would be great if he wants to do some more, but he hasn't been active in a while so I don't know if he's still around.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 12 Oct 2015, 21:52

I wonder how you CAN. I know a friend who is stuck at the final Haven mission of the first campaign, as the hero you are supposed to beat casts this Mass Retribution spell, which is buggy as hell and reflects insane damage (no, not X%, a set light damage per enemy troop) if you attack his units. So, basically, if you attack, you kill your own troops. If you don't, he attacks, and Retribution still triggers on retaliations. You are ****ed either way.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Oct 2015, 08:00

@BB Shockwave: Read my point #1 in the first post. :tongue:

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 18 Oct 2015, 22:46

Well, good luck with that... :tongue: I think this game will go the way of Temple of Elemental Evil. That too got pushed out months in advance, and it took the company almost a year to make it stable. They went bankrupt by then...

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 20 Oct 2015, 10:13

BB Shockwave wrote:Well, good luck with that... :tongue: I think this game will go the way of Temple of Elemental Evil. That too got pushed out months in advance, and it took the company almost a year to make it stable. They went bankrupt by then...
That pretty much happened to Heroes 6. Remember? The original developer, Black Hole, worked their butts off trying to make the game work and went bankrupt as a result.

SirAlan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirAlan » 08 Jan 2016, 10:41

I'd like to do some battle strategy guides/hero development guides for heroic 0 loss fights. I know most of us veterans probably play this way anyway, but for n00bs and those who wish to up the ante the game is much more fun when you go for 0 losses on heroic. I've played all the campaigns 3 times on heroic and am working through the single player maps. They are much more fun than the campaigns battle-wise (imo) but lacking the story element - but then it's the battles we play for. The stories are just window dressing ;-).

Heroic 0 losses is easy in this game. H3 was much more difficult.

It would also be fun to compare strategies with other 0 loss players.

Alan

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jan 2016, 13:01

Hm, wouldn't it be better waiting when they get AI a bit more sorted out, SirAlan? Probably battles might improve in difficult by then. Only ... the problem is WHEN such thing will ever happen. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jan 2016, 13:07

And units more balanced, as not for all you can blame AI. :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jan 2016, 15:02

We need general strategies for each faction, could you make that?

SirAlan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirAlan » 08 Jan 2016, 15:08

Sure...that sounds like a good idea. I'll drop 'em by you privately first to see if we're on the same page etc. One thing I like about H7 is that I can use my mouse freely over both screens while playing without the game minimizing...so it's real easy to write it up :-)

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 15 Apr 2016, 22:12

vicheron wrote:
BB Shockwave wrote:Well, good luck with that... :tongue: I think this game will go the way of Temple of Elemental Evil. That too got pushed out months in advance, and it took the company almost a year to make it stable. They went bankrupt by then...
That pretty much happened to Heroes 6. Remember? The original developer, Black Hole, worked their butts off trying to make the game work and went bankrupt as a result.
Oh I know, they were hungarians, so it was kind of a big deal here. They did go and revealed all the dirt on Ubi at the end, at least, when they saw they had nothing to lose.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Apr 2016, 06:39

@BB Shockwave
I heare it on more forums, so assume it's true but is here some direct source to this statement?
"We made it!"

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 16 Apr 2016, 13:33

@Poll, yes there is over at HC check back archives derpson lol

Return to “Heroes VII”