The Beta: Impressions

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Re: The Beta: Impressions

Unread postby gourley4p » 20 Sep 2015, 17:51

Pol wrote:Anyway, overall this release looks like step in the right direction.
Absolutely agree. Many times in beta I had a feeling of excitement I have not felt since Heroes III. It is not perfect, but it is a major move in the right direction for me.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 20 Sep 2015, 20:13

You must have been playing some very different game which loaded fast, had good skills and AI, and was not mind-numbingly BORING. Maybe you were playing Age of Wonders III... ;|

Not sure what you mean by 2D and 3D, the graphics really have no influence on the AI, since the heroes still move in 2D, they cannot fly upwards...:D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Sep 2015, 21:42

@BB Shockwave
No, AI is divided into several parts. Some of them work with 3D, although in case of Heroes the impact is small. 3D is not only flying, there's objects interaction, running uphill, downhill - calculating terrain movement cost, calculating path on the battlefield for flyiers. (If there's not and won't be Fly Spell.)

For other games, you often can use "Fly" Spell or you can just "Fly", for examle in case of MoM you could use "Flying Fortress" to lift up your Fortress and prevent attack from any landline rats. 3D aspects are presented in 2D games, that's normal.

I wasn't playing the game, judging only from videos and available information. But there's seen a lot. For example world map was simplifed, which make it better. And that's not the only thing which was nerfed.

As for long loading times, that's bad and I expect/hope that they will fix that.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 24 Sep 2015, 19:13

Where did a whole lot of this thread go?
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Sep 2015, 19:52

Steven Aus wrote:Where did a whole lot of this thread go?
Kalah wrote:Thread will be cleaned regularly. (...) general discussions are referred to other topics in the forum.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Madaxe » 25 Sep 2015, 01:10

BB Shockwave wrote:
Madaxe wrote: SPELLS - You get to pick a school, besides your factions favored, to always have one spell of that school in each level in the mage guild. The lvl 4 mage guild gives you one spell only, so it can't have the faction's favorite magic school, it will have the school you pick only. So, no chance of your factions favored school's spell showing up! So, building a Light magic (Heaven's favored school) hero, you won't get a LvL 4 light spell from your guild. That is frustrating, to say the least. So, unless I am missing something, this needs to be addressed somehow.
I don't think so, I captured a Haven city which had Resurrection as the level 4 spell.

Ahh, good to know. I guess it must be a 50/50 chance on which spell school you end up with.....

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Sep 2015, 17:42

After release, some people reported that in Simultaneous Turn, when your enemy enters a battle, your turn stops and you are force to watch the whole damn thing. Is that really what's happening? From all the flaws, this one would be pretty annoying, to say the least.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Heroes VII”