Is it close to being complete?

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Is it close to being complete?

Unread postby King Imp » 19 Apr 2015, 15:59

I just received my copy of Game Informer the other day and they are already previewing this game.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything on how the progress is coming along and if we're close to a release.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 19 Apr 2015, 17:40

It's probably from the press-event they held in march or something like that.
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Apr 2015, 19:25

That's it, yes. These stronghold images were also (prematurely) leaked from such a publication. My sources tell me straight out that we are nowhere near release; the game is still in alpha. I would guess somewhere closer to Christmas.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 20 Apr 2015, 14:08

That looks damn good for an alpha then.

I remember when I got my hands on the alpha of Heroes V. It looked nothing like what the final product became.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 23 Apr 2015, 17:55

It doesn't matter whether this game is genuinely near completion. It is Ubisoft policy to sell at the beta stage, it seems. They are already marketing the thing and doing preorders.

As for beta testing I predict it will be done by the usual gang of idiots who buy Ubishit products without waiting for reviews and bug fixes.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Apr 2015, 18:23

While most of us will usually wait until we hear reviews and see some signs of quality - as we do with most products - pre-orders can give the producers a rough idea of the interest level. That can give them a clue where to direct PR campaigns, where to prepare distribution networks for high sales (i.e. where to send more copies of the game) etc. Lots of people are doing this nowadays; the movie industry probably being the biggest hitter.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Apr 2015, 23:45

I'm just surprised that they are announcing pre-orders when the game looks so inadequate at this stage. It gives me a feeling that they're going to do another rush job + patch later b.s. we've seem time and again.

Cristian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cristian » 24 Apr 2015, 10:31

The cosed beta is another problem. Is Ubisoft a new Blizzard and is Heroes 7 a new Starcraft? If they had any good marketers at Ubisoft, after a shameful buggy game as Heroes 6, they would have pushed out a public beta, to convince all potential buyers / fans that the new Heroes is very well made. But no... Ubisoft is now trying to make money out of beta testing.

100% I'm going to buy the game after it comes out, as I also did with the Heroes 6 buggy editions, but I fear for a new disgrace of a game. The stupidly high requirements for an Unreal Engine 3 game and the closed beta are bad signs in this direction :(

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Apr 2015, 14:01

This franchise has tainted my likeness to play even the older games. Dunno how that happened.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 24 Apr 2015, 20:10

This one i'll only buy when it's ready and when it has inferno on it.
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 24 Apr 2015, 22:09

If Inferno ever makes it in eventual expansion, let's hope we don't get two-headed "Cerberus" coming along a couple of zergs and blobs.

DataPack
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DataPack » 09 May 2015, 17:15

Galaad wrote:If Inferno ever makes it in eventual expansion, let's hope we don't get two-headed "Cerberus" coming along a couple of zergs and blobs.
Only two heads? Pfft 3 heads or gtfo

Return to “Heroes VII”