The Damage is Already Done

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.

How enthusiastic are you?

I will preorder, even if it is $99
6%
I will preorder without paying a premium
5%
I will buy when it comes out, but I have not marked the day on my calendar
25%
I will wait for reviews and bug fixes before I buy
29%
I don't mind waiting a year for it to be discounted (OP's vote)
17%
Highly unlikely to buy, but if I get it for Christmas I will play it
12%
Absolutely nothing produced by Ubisoft!
6%

Total votes: 77

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Apr 2015, 17:18

Higher than Enemy Within? My God. My notebook is 3 years old, but it already has 8 GB Memory and can run H7 with, perhaps, ease. But I judge not worthy of my time. I wouldn't ever upgrade my notebook, if needed, for such mediocre game; really, it's almost indecent reading this. I cannot put a logical argument that can make it comprehensible having a turbo-machine to play a Heroes game. *skin shivers randomly*

I think I'll have to buy a PS4 and try FF XV when it's finished. It's the other franchise that I care about and which might have been getting better. And, of course, ME 4!
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Apr 2015, 13:09

Indeed, they live in another reality. They should optimize the game, instead they put on this. Does H7 look like Assassin's Creed to them?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2015, 13:27

Well, it does assassinates your pocket. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby magritte2 » 29 Apr 2015, 22:12

Panda Tar wrote:Higher than Enemy Within? My God. My notebook is 3 years old, but it already has 8 GB Memory and can run H7 with, perhaps, ease. But I judge not worthy of my time. I wouldn't ever upgrade my notebook, if needed, for such mediocre game; really, it's almost indecent reading this. I cannot put a logical argument that can make it comprehensible having a turbo-machine to play a Heroes game. *skin shivers randomly*

I think I'll have to buy a PS4 and try FF XV when it's finished. It's the other franchise that I care about and which might have been getting better. And, of course, ME 4!
The RAM's not the issue it's the video card they're recommending. If it really requires a 670 or above, there's no way in hell even a 1-year old laptop will run it well. The 670's roughly equivalent to a Geforce 960 mobile, according to Tom's Hardware. The video requirement is higher than Dragon Age: Inquisition, which seems odd for a strategy game.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Apr 2015, 22:16

That makes it even worse. :D

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 02 May 2015, 19:53

why does Ubisoft insist on spoiling my opinion of these guys all the time? Just when I thought they had learned their lesson and were interested in making a good game they go and spoil it for us by demanding high sys reqs.

I am not going to upgrade my computer just to play their game. My computer is an i5, 8GB RAM, graphics card current for 2011. It works fine for everything I do as well as the occasional starcraft 2 game.

This is a turn based strategy and it needs ridiculous computing power to run? For what? So that their death knights can have more ludicrous spikes and unrealistic lines and details on their armour?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 May 2015, 11:42

cjlee wrote:I am not going to upgrade my computer just to play their game.
Obviously, most (if not all) players feel the same way. It will be up to Limbic to get those requirements down to acceptable levels for the final release. I just hope they manage it with the editor as well.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 04 May 2015, 16:14

Kalah wrote:
cjlee wrote:I am not going to upgrade my computer just to play their game.
Obviously, most (if not all) players feel the same way. It will be up to Limbic to get those requirements down to acceptable levels for the final release. I just hope they manage it with the editor as well.
Just to add to my rant, but when I was playing Heart of the Swarm, I massed zillions of Zerglings and Banelings and used these as my main army. Works on Normal Difficulty. No need to use brain - just send your mindless hordes after the enemy.

Even in the last mission, with the map filled with units from the many factions that joined the fight all of which were moving in real time, my game did not slow down with the graphics turned up.

Ubisoft is faced with the meager challenge of having to animate only one unit at one time in a turn based strategy. The movements don't even need to be in real time. It's way below acceptable that they need more computing resources than Starcraft2. They should not even need more resources than Red Alert 2!!!

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 04 May 2015, 17:23

The thing I don't get is why the system requirements are so high when the game does not look graphically impressive at all.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 May 2015, 17:37

The most impressive thing is how things are completely out of sense, eerie, ominous, unexplained. ^^ I would love seeing Heroes in a graphic style similar to Battleblock Theater, as long as it was fun to play, had some depths, micromanagement, interesting hero development (it should be HEROES of Might and Magic, not FANCY AND BLAND GRAPHICS of Might and Magic).

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 May 2015, 19:17

I would have liked to see a proper HD video of the adventure map ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 05 May 2015, 21:56

I would like to see a new Heroes game which would actually look like Heroes and play like Heroes. Crazy thoughts I know.

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby magritte2 » 07 May 2015, 21:46

Well, I should be able to play it on my desktop, so it's not a dealbreaker for me. But it does make you wonder if they're confused about their target audience. A lot of people who play turnbased strategy games don't play games like Assassin's Creed, so they don't bother to upgrade to the latest video cards. But I suppose it may not be a huge issue if the "recommended requirements" are what's needed to get 30+ frames per second at 1920x1200 & very high visual quality, since it's not a twitch game.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 15 May 2015, 13:23

magritte2 wrote:Well, I should be able to play it on my desktop, so it's not a dealbreaker for me. But it does make you wonder if they're confused about their target audience. A lot of people who play turnbased strategy games don't play games like Assassin's Creed, so they don't bother to upgrade to the latest video cards. But I suppose it may not be a huge issue if the "recommended requirements" are what's needed to get 30+ frames per second at 1920x1200 & very high visual quality, since it's not a twitch game.
Ubisoft is really misunderstanding its buyers if they think we are looking for ultra high visual quality.

But this may well be that 95% of us will end up playing the game at the lowest possible resolution and quality. This is not the way to make your customers happy.

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 20 May 2015, 18:52

Also, i wouldn't buy a game which page isn't 100% working...

We don't have sylvan and dungeon faction description and also no forum.

It seems UBI has released an unfinished product again, even for beta standarts...
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 21 May 2015, 08:46

Yet some people genuinely believe they are supporting the series by pre-ordering not even half-made arse-beta featuring no more than two factions. Totally amazing.
Ubisoft is really misunderstanding its buyers if they think we are looking for ultra high visual quality.
They don't understand anything anyway. Also I am utterly unimpressed by the visuals for a 2015 Heroes-called game.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 24 May 2015, 17:18

I'm sparingly following the game. Not getting my hopes up - I'll either be right or pleasantly surprised. Pre order? That's a nice joke.
Infiltrator out.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 28 May 2015, 22:56

I just checked something today... and, yep.

Yes, Ubisoft, even effin' NETDRAGON of all developers, who turned HOMMIII into a terrible grindfest of an MMO - even they made a better, more bestial and threatening Behemoth than you guys. Seriously. Ubi, stop messing with what works already.

Darkström
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkström » 04 Jun 2015, 14:08

The face is better, but the rest... I don't mind the Ubihemoth.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2015, 18:02

Yeah, H7 really fucked up the face, it just looks silly... otherwise it's not that bad design wise.

Just needs a nose job.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes VII”