Inferno vs Dungeon

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.

Inferno or Dungeon

Dungeon
63%
Inferno
37%

Total votes: 38

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Inferno vs Dungeon

Unread postby Mirez » 26 Aug 2014, 20:34

The official poll isn't open yet but I'm curious how CH thinks about these factions. I have a feeling this poll is going to be closer than the one running now.

Personally I favour dungeon, not that I'm fond of the faction in particular (I'd choose sanctuary or fortess over them any time) but Inferno has always been a mediocre faction in my opinion. It doesn't make sense that the children of urgash, beings of chaos, are so similar to all the other factions. (tiers, castles, heroes, etc.)
They should just consist out of a bunch of neutrals with some interesting and otherwise unbalanceable abilities in my humble opinion.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Aug 2014, 20:55

I'd like to see a Heroes game without demons for once. They can be added later in an expansion.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

JustTimmY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JustTimmY » 27 Aug 2014, 12:03

I loved Dungeon in h2&3 because of black dragons but both are great factions.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 27 Aug 2014, 14:55

Kalah wrote:I'd like to see a Heroes game without demons for once. They can be added later in an expansion.
I'd like to see a Heroes game with a very strong demon faction for once.

opinions, man
opinions everywhere

Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 27 Aug 2014, 15:23

I wanna say both of them, they are quite important for the game and I hope they will put together in the game :)

Croisons les doigts :D

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 27 Aug 2014, 15:24

I voted for Dungeon.

I don't really want Dungeon or Inferno but I feel that Dungeon is a better fit for being an adviser to Ivan of Griffon than any inferno hero would be.

I also think that Inferno can only really tell two stories, it's either ha ha ha, demons and brimstone destroy your world. Or else it's the redeemed cultist.

I think the demons as presented in Ashan are very one note (as were the ones invading Erathia) so they work as foils and villains but the campaigns in which you control them are somewhat tedious.

I much prefer the idea of them being only neutrals.

Dark Elves at least I could see wanting to take part in influencing other nations.
~ Rapier.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Aug 2014, 13:46

Rapier wrote: I much prefer the idea of them being only neutrals.
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Now, I used to like Dungeon before H5. Hopefully, they could make elves detach themselves from that faction slowly.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Wizard of Soz
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Wizard of Soz » 28 Aug 2014, 17:24

I am not sure yet, both of these are factions I like. In terms of Storyline though Inferno does not really fit, especially given the death of the Falcon empresses which started this whole war. However, this could make the game very interesting indeed if Ivan is making a deal with the devil! It likely means the return of Kiril who I thought was one of the more interesting characters in H6.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 01 Sep 2014, 14:22

Dungeon all the way. While I'm not really hyped for Heroes VII, I'll surely follow its development.

It seems like Limbic wants to bring back some classic Heroes 2/3 aspects and if this holds true for Dungeon we might be able to see a TRUE Dungeon faction again.

Dungeon was the only faction I liked in H6 (and with that I don't mean their choices of color :P) but I've always had a weakness for the evil Warlocks from H3. Yeah, it are most likely going to be Dark Elves again, but as long as they don't overdo it like in H5 I'm fine with that.

I have to admit that I'm also very curious how Limbic would design Inferno, but Dungeon fits much better with the other brother... and aren't we all tried to see Demons as a plot device/gap filler?

I'm sure Inferno could make a really cool DLC. A nice little new campaign, along some new options. And just not the too epic demon incursion.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 02 Sep 2014, 07:55

i think they hit an awesome spot with H6 inferno - the monster-based faction was a great lineup. I think that H7 inferno could be done really, really well from a faction design perspective. Saying this, i haven't played much of H5 or H6 dungeon but when i have i have not found it too interesting.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Oct 2014, 13:30

Voted Dungeon. Don't even know why...maybe because I don't like Inferno at all. But I also don't like the idea of dark elves and that many elves in the game whatsoever.

This was the worst voting poll ever, imho.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Oct 2014, 10:03

Sounds to me like H7 will be a boring reload. Can they not come up with something totally new/different?

I know we're just going to get the same old thing, with 7 units per factions; 2 upgrades... blah blah blah..

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 03 Oct 2014, 14:41

Variol wrote:Sounds to me like H7 will be a boring reload. Can they not come up with something totally new/different?

I know we're just going to get the same old thing, with 7 units per factions; 2 upgrades... blah blah blah..
2 upgrades was unique to heroes 5 only and heroes 6 had a totally new faction.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Oct 2014, 15:14

I was kinda hoping they would introduce a new faction as a surprise to complete 7 starting factions; Heroes 7, 7 horcruxes, 7 + 7 = 14. :D

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 03 Oct 2014, 17:24

I would like 4 "classic" factions, and 4 completely new factions. Even 3-3 if they only bring in a total of six in this sequel. Homm does have a pretty serious problem with just rehashing the same old stuff over and over. Though I suppose creature line-up > faction in determining what's new/old.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Oct 2014, 19:25

Mirez wrote:
Variol wrote:Sounds to me like H7 will be a boring reload. Can they not come up with something totally new/different?

Yeah, but from why read, it wasn't worth buying.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 03 Oct 2014, 20:17

Variol wrote:
Mirez wrote:

Yeah, but from why read, it wasn't worth buying.
I don't want to go even more offtopic.... but, imho it depends on what you expect and what kind of playstyle you have. People can have fun with H4 and so can you have with H6.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 05 Oct 2014, 11:48

Variol wrote: Yeah, but from why read, it wasn't worth buying.
At the start perhaps, it's pretty good now.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Oct 2014, 19:38

When I heard people talking about "impossible missions" I stayed away.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 06 Oct 2014, 18:43

Bloax wrote:
Kalah wrote:I'd like to see a Heroes game without demons for once. They can be added later in an expansion.
I'd like to see a Heroes game with a very strong demon faction for once.

opinions, man
opinions everywhere
I would not call the demons a weak faction. Rather, borrowing the language of... what else but Diablo, I would call them glass cannons.

IE powerful and lethal if they get to fight on their own terms; fragile otherwise.

Return to “Heroes VII”