23rd design iteration

Forum for discussing the Heroic tabletop game
Groovy
Golem
Golem

23rd design iteration

Unread postby Groovy » 13 Jul 2018, 18:32

I finished the preliminary design of version 23 about a month ago. Based on the play testing since then, it looks like this will be the final major version. It doesn’t appear to be missing any features, and there’s nothing any of us can think of taking away. There's a lot of balancing and fine-tuning left to do, though.

I wanted to make the game available for you to play via Tabletop Simulator or Tabletopia, but unfortunately, neither handles PNG transparency properly. This happens to be the basis of the key mechanic of the game.

If anyone would like to play the game, I can send you the raw files so that you can print, glue and cut out the game components yourself. This will take some effort, but not nearly as much as the more cumbersome early versions that I've shown here did. I can also describe the game here if anyone is curious how it works.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: 23rd design iteration

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jul 2018, 08:35

Perhaps it would be better to make this announcement on the forum Groovy? This section is hidden to public eyes.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 19 Jul 2018, 05:59

Thanks, Pol. I've posted it in the boardgamer topic.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Sep 2018, 14:57

And only now I saw the topic myself. ^_^ That's great, Groovy! I thought you were focusing on the novels intead.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 17 Sep 2018, 04:50

I oscillate between the game and the novel as the inspiration grabs me. I've been working on the game for the past few months.

Return to “Tabletop Forum”