Faction cards

Forum for discussing the Heroic tabletop game
Groovy
Golem
Golem

Faction cards

Unread postby Groovy » 13 Sep 2014, 11:46

This is the first draft of the faction cards that I've created for the game. The image is on the front of the card, while the text is on the back. I don't know yet what they will be used for. There might be some effects that will require players to choose faction(s) at random, in which case they'll come in handy. Otherwise, they will merely provide information.

At this stage, my focus is on functionality rather than artwork, layout or style.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Sep 2014, 16:14

Random map generator, hohoho. Random factions would require cards, eh?

As for the art, which is my business then, I think I could come up with something in these lines:

This is an example of seals used in Final Fantasy XII. Each one is from a summoned monster called esper, and it should resemble them physically. The art in the cards could be similar, with less details, cleaner, but all with the same sort of visual identity. Not a banner.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Sep 2014, 18:19

Do you plan to laminate these cards, using simple colour printouts?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Sep 2014, 18:33

That would be fancy. ^^
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Sep 2014, 21:42

That's a good idea, Kalah. I haven't thought that far. It makes sense to me to have more than one version of the game set, for different budgets. More expensive ones probably should be laminated.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Sep 2014, 21:46

I think you have a good handle on this, Panda. Just note that these are probably the least important cards in the game. I'm also thinking of revamping the faction themes. I don't like the fact that the current ones are predominantly negative. This might influence the faction symbols.

Return to “Tabletop Forum”