One Kahn, One Clan and the Teal Player´s Army

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Michelangelos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

One Kahn, One Clan and the Teal Player´s Army

Unread postby Michelangelos » 26 Mar 2009, 18:59

I´ve been reading these guides and opinions here, but I feel like it is a different behavior of the computer opponent. The teal players has always a very much bigger army and keeps coming with "unlimited" reinforcements.

I´m playing on Hard difficult.

You guys say several recommendations to resist in the 2nd town, and I found them too...(destroy the catapult, and kill the shooters first) but the MAIN PROBLEM is that the teal player flees from battle... and comes back in 3-4 more days later with lots of troops...

First attack,...(2nd month, Day 7, Week 1) he has something like:
12 Bloodeye Cyclops
22 Foul Wyvern
68 Sky Daughter
68 Executioners
180 Centaurs

I´ve managed to resist selling everything and maintaining Kujin (Level 15) and saving...5 cyclops and a few troops...

but he flees, and come back in 3-4 days with some UBER ARMY like:

40 Bloodeye Cyclops
323 Centaurs
120 Sky Daughters
and other really big numbers army..

there is no valid defense or tactic against that.... only those 40 bloodeye cyclops can cripple any of my troops with 1 shot....
so what should I do?

the guide says:
Your only chance is to defend in town with Toulain (or Kujin if she is your main hero). Use your triple flaming Ballista to demolish the Catapult, and then shooters. Untamed Cyclops can bash the gate open, so deal with them as well. There might be Wyverns flying in - just give all you have. The Teal hero has a retreat option and he usually does it earlier than he should. The Teal army is your last tough challenge of the mission - so even if you survive with just 1 Centaur, you'll win eventually.
But that is only the first battle and he runs away before being defeated only to come back again, this time to finish the job...

ANY ADDITIONAL TIPS?
I´m desperate...
played so many times that is getting boring :(

HELP!

vampireprince
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vampireprince » 30 Mar 2009, 22:24

I just played that map, but I played on normal difficulty, so I'm not sure if my suggestions apply. I think this was the hardest map in the campaign so far, so if you are finding it impossible, you could always try restarting and lowering the difficulty level a notch.

On normal difficulty I can say this, hoping it might be of help to you somehow:

What kept me stuck for a long time in the first part of the mission was trying to hold on to both towns. As you point out in your post, teal keeps coming and seizing the second town with an army that never seems to decrease in size.

I took both towns, but eventually gave up the second and worked on building up the first, caravaning all the troops I had remaining in the second town to the first.

My experience was: The teal player does not come to the first town as much, and will delay in attacking it, if your army there is decent. He will attack at some point though, even if you can beat him, just for the pleasure of destroying most of your army. So you want to get moving and go build a ship as soon as you have a good army.

The real key to the game is getting a ship and going north and seizing the green town. You will need a decent army to do this, cos an enemy hero is guarding the shore there. Once you get that town it will be much easier for you to build up a sizeable army and take and hold both towns back on the starting continent.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 31 Mar 2009, 03:58

The answer is.. abuse the artificial intelligence.

What you will need:

Loads of centaur nomads.
Two stacks of Chieftains
Two stacks of earth daughters
One stack of hulks (doest matter if Cyclops or Pao kais)
One fat stack of warmongers
One ballista
One ammo cart

Hero gotta have:

A decent mana pool (60 or so will do it)
At least advanced blood rage
war machines- Ballista- triple shot expertise.
Very high morale and/or luck.
Logistics with swift mind.
Second level "Fear my roar" shout

Thats it.

If you have this configuration well set, there is no ammount of enemy troops that can take you down.

You will use your earth daughters to slow down ranged units and other possible threats, plus hasting your centaurs and chieftains. Your chieftains (independent of number) will only be there to whip the centaurs insane. Use them none stop. You will be the only one killing centaurs here. Use Fear my roar only (or mostly), thus preventing ranged units from ever getting a shot, or heavy melees from getting close.

Watch the rage of your centaurs grow exponentially and shoot everything on the battle field back to unicell stage.

On sieges, not rarely you will target the catapult with your second or third shot. You can soften it up with your ballista while the centaurs are taking down more important opponents.

I unfortunatelly do not have a replay to share, but today I took teal and their neverending armies on heroic with that very principle. Once you learn it, there is no opponent that can pose a real threat.

Good Luck,
W.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 31 Mar 2009, 07:57

Try restarting the map and attacking earlier. 5th week is rather late, especially if you already have 5 Cyclops; just siege the garrison and take the town to end the immediate threat. It's the same general tip in campaigns in my opinion: whenever you fail, restart, and act faster. In many maps you're heavily outnumbered in terms of towns, so unless you're happy to fight a defensive battle (if it can even be done) until your hero and army are powerful enough to annihilate the AI, act faster and take some enemy towns to reduce the odds.

You might have to restart the map, because those numbers are rather insane; I doubt I can beat both armies too. I don't know where the AI is getting that kind of army - maybe he's summoning from some other guy's town or something, or maybe it's a game bug.

The map is doable on Heroic, so no reason to be impossible on Hard.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 31 Mar 2009, 14:31

Finished it on heroic.

Phew!

Was the hardest one I've done in a while. As the brazilians say, hard as making a knot on a drop of water.

Elias_Maluco
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Elias_Maluco » 31 Mar 2009, 21:43

Just give up on those 2 cities. Resist until you get a decent army, then flee to the sea and take that other city in the north. You will be safe there. Then, just get some more troops and go after teal.

Thats what I did, twice, in hard, and it worked.

Michelangelos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Michelangelos » 04 Apr 2009, 01:55

Thank you guys for all your replies....

I ve took your advices... so I restarted the map once again with the objective to let those two castles go if necessary and try to get on the boat with my best army...

thanks for your recommendations vampire prince, wolfsburg, they were useful.. but I couldn´t follow all of them because some abilities didn´t appeared, or the "fear my roar" shout, and I wasn´t going for logistics.... I was looking for a different hero setup...

anyway... I´ve found the way to beat this map, by NOT following one special recommendation of the guide...

when the guide said to "rush" to the second town as soon as you beat the garrison, I ´ve found I can take my time to flag all the mines I can, and raise KUJIN in experience and bigger army. The teal player didn´t appeared at all!!

at that´s not all...
When I took the town and Teal appeared for the first time.. I´ve really sweep the floor with him.... (better army + your advices ;) )...
so he fleed with many loses...

and here comes the best of all...
HE DIDN´T APPEARED AGAIN!! (??)

I´ve managed to flag all, build up a big army....and move really fast on the sea avoiding those 2 boats that could weak me...
Lethos was hard but I´ve played well that battle (really fun!) and after that...
I WAS THE HUNTER of those two nasty boats with the green town reinforcements. Boy.. those two were about to attack on the continent...

finally..
I´ve headed to the teal player.. and... WOOOOW... he has almost the double size of my ARMY!!

but it wasn´t enough.... B-)

VICTORY!!!

two additional comments.
- In very long battles.... cyclops are the final power... (also the only survivors sometimes :P)
- When I was going for the TEAL player.. he started to move again to attack my second town, but he come back when I was almost to reach his town...
So I think the AI was nasty in my earlier games because of my "not to ready" army...
In my case, the key to this map was NOT TO RUSH to the 2nd town as the guide said... but to build up better BEFORE triggering the second town...

CHEERS!!!

thank you all guys...
Now I´m destroying those haven castles to the ruins with GOTAI :devil:

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 05 Apr 2009, 20:39

Way to go Michelangelos!

Winning the game without fear my roar shout is in no way a small task!

Congrats on your victory. Thanks for sharing the game's outcome. Its always great to have some feedback from different players on strategy.

Now keep that might rolling and make haven pastrami with Gotai.

Cheers,
W.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”