1K - thats Crazy!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Mar 2009, 20:12

For you. :D

But you can also speak with the other guy both you and him not to use that ability. Like in H3 we had such agreements here on Diplomacy and Necro. ;) Against the computor I don't see a reason why I should not use these. Esp. when I know the AI cheats and with its arse, the bastard. :gun: :devil:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 17 Mar 2009, 20:20

That is what I do. I usually agree no mentoring, no divine vengeance. Other than that anything goes.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Mar 2009, 20:38

Agreed with Phoenix, but I also add no Instant Travel since that spell simply ruins the map maker's original ideas.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 17 Mar 2009, 21:36

Meh, from my experience Istant Travel is a lousy spell, at not that usefull overall. It is annoying if you opponent uses it tho, but I usually find little use for it.

Mentoring is broken. Divine Vengeance is too.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Mar 2009, 21:40

Lord Lakely wrote:Meh, from my experience Istant Travel is a lousy spell, at not that usefull overall. It is annoying if you opponent uses it tho, but I usually find little use for it.
Obviously you never used it to bypass a mountain or a stack of 50 tier 7s (on Dragon Pass, for example)

I doubt the map maker considered jumping past that mountain to get to the enemy's town instantly (like in Subterranean Treasures)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Mar 2009, 11:45

Asheera wrote:Agreed with Phoenix, but I also add no Instant Travel since that spell simply ruins the map maker's original ideas.
Oh yeah. Usually the mapmaker has already banned it. Or on an ubi map like trefoil it doesn't have an impact.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 18 Mar 2009, 13:49

Well, I usually play Ubi maps anyway... and evenso, by the time I've gotten both Mage Guild 5 AND Level 20(?) I usually have a strong enough army to fight my way past Neutrals and Gates. It's extremely broken in campaigns tho.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Mar 2009, 14:17

You're confusing Instant Travel with Town Portal. Instant Travel requires level 4 mage guild and level 15 of the hero. And getting Level 15 is very easy, usually week 2 or 3.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 19 Mar 2009, 07:57

Asheera wrote:You're confusing Instant Travel with Town Portal. Instant Travel requires level 4 mage guild and level 15 of the hero. And getting Level 15 is very easy, usually week 2 or 3.
Ugh yeah, I confused them. Well that indeed makes a difference, tho I think someone should switch them.

Anyway, back on topic :P

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 19 Mar 2009, 23:06

So Geknel, ressurection and vampirism are not a combo per se. The reason for that is that a creature under the effects of vampirism count for all matters as if it was undead. And you cannot use ressurection on undead. For that goal, raise dead will work permanetly and like a charm. Plus, under vampirism the units will be raising themselves with each hit, leaving the turn of the hero free for other purposes, like frenzing opponents and casting mass curses.

Meanwhile, your archangels will be doing their part in minimizing your losses by casting res on creatures that are still not undead.

Dark spells are a very weak spot of the AI, being particularly effective against the computer. Frenzy, puppet master, mass confusion, mass slow, mass suffering... thats pure dark magic. Disable your enemies, disrupt their fiber, defile their minds and bring doom using your might oriented troops.

Again: check your sorroundings first, send scouts after other castles, wizard vaults, magic schools, pyramids, dragon utopias... they all teach spells. Many structures such as these will raise the chances you get high lvl dark spells. Evolve your guilds as much as you can and take a look at what they have to determine if the dark spells offered justify the whole effort of turning your hero into a dark caster.

Unless you're making a light-dark knight you should keep in mind that once the dark path is chosen in a game, there is no way back. :D

W.

Kashrlyyk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kashrlyyk » 16 May 2011, 17:26

Gekneldeland wrote:@ Lakely. I'm playing Haven and I bumped into a mass (1K) of Nightmares. Pretty intense stuff ;)
So is there an explanation for that? Does the AI cheat with "Diplomacy"?
Today I played a huge custom map. In the 4th week of the 2nd month I was attacked by Lethos who had 454 scouts, 258 assassins and 274 stalkers plus some other units.
Is there a legal way to get that many scouts within 12 weeks?

Kashrlyyk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kashrlyyk » 17 May 2011, 04:15

Kashrlyyk wrote:
Gekneldeland wrote:@ Lakely. I'm playing Haven and I bumped into a mass (1K) of Nightmares. Pretty intense stuff ;)
So is there an explanation for that? Does the AI cheat with "Diplomacy"?
Today I played a huge custom map. In the 4th week of the 2nd month I was attacked by Lethos who had 454 scouts, 258 assassins and 274 stalkers plus some other units.
Is there a legal way to get that many scouts within 12 weeks?
I forgot to mention he only has one town and one scout dwelling.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 17 May 2011, 11:20

the ai cheats like there's no tomorrow yes, it's quite sad
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Kashrlyyk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kashrlyyk » 17 May 2011, 12:01

Mirez wrote:the ai cheats like there's no tomorrow yes, it's quite sad
So I changed the "DefaultStats.xdb" to get rid of some of the cheating as described in a some thread somewhere, I played on "Easy" and still the AI cheated around 700 scouts to its army? Seriously?
Does the AI behave differently in a "Hot Seat" game?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”