So who is "Menelag"?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ahoover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

So who is "Menelag"?

Unread postby ahoover » 10 Mar 2009, 23:35

I just completed the Necro campaign in Tribes of the East, and I don't ever remember ever finding out who this wizard was. I thought he was a demon worshipper that I would eventually kill. His name was dropped quite a bit in Missions 1 and 2, and then I never heard about him again. I thought he would be the Mission 5 boss but it was Orlando once again. In Mission 2 some wizard near the starting town tells Arantir before he dies that Arantir may receive the final death while fighting Menelag, but that before Arantir kills Menelag, Menelag will meet someone even greater than Arantir? Yeah, quite a mouthful of information that never is explained. But as I understand it we never see Arantir again while playing Tribes. So who exactly is Menelag? Is this just some branch of the story-line that wasn't developed any further? Or was I half asleep while watching the cutscenes...I am a little confused here.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 11 Mar 2009, 07:55

He's in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. So is Arantir. The Necro campaign in TotE is some sort of attempt at a prequel (which manages to spoil the endgame of DM at least three times over)...

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 12 Mar 2009, 15:23

I believe Menelag is in fact a dark elf called Agmenel under clever disguise.

Naaaah, just kidding :tonguehands:

ahoover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ahoover » 12 Mar 2009, 20:15

I didn't even realize that Dark Messiah was connected in any way to Heroes V. Interesting.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 Mar 2009, 20:26

The connection is really thin (both games can very well be enjoyed without the counterpart), but there is one.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 13 Mar 2009, 06:53

Some info about Menelag:

viewtopic.php?t=9700

Return to “Heroes V-VI”