I can't install the HoF 2.1 patch

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
^Dagon^
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

I can't install the HoF 2.1 patch

Unread postby ^Dagon^ » 09 Mar 2009, 15:51

When I try to install the HoF 2.1 patch it errors out saying 'Cannot Install Hammers of Fate: Original game not found'.

Thing is, I have the original CD (bought it from Amazon), European version, yet the patch refuses to get installed.

Any ideas?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 09 Mar 2009, 16:01

Probably wrong language version of the patch.

Or your game didn't install properly, but this is less likely.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Mar 2009, 18:14

To check which game version you have, click Start->Run and type "regedit". From there go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Ubisoft->Heroes of Might and Magic 5.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

^Dagon^
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ^Dagon^ » 10 Mar 2009, 15:55

Ok, I found the problem. I have used Norton Ghost to renew my hard drive. The game was installed on another hard drive and it remained almost untouched. Almost. It even run normally after that. But as always some game files were put into the hard drive where the Windows are installed (that's the hard disk I used Norton ghost on). With those files gone, the game couldn't be updated. The only solution was to re-install it and now it works fine.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”