Tribes of the East -- serious bugs?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vampireprince
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tribes of the East -- serious bugs?

Unread postby vampireprince » 04 Mar 2009, 06:00

Has anybody else encountered serious bugs playing Tribes of the East which have prevented him from finishing the campaign?

I am running the game on a Vista x64 system.

I have experienced a variety of bugs since I began playing, but have managed to find workarounds until now. I am now playing the Beasts and Bones Quest. And the bug I've encountered has basically rendered the game unplayable: approaching any group of monsters to enter combat, causes the game to crash.

I can't pass the garrison to get to Flammshrein because the game crashes there. I have tried uninstalling and resintalling the game, to no avail. So it looks like I am just going to have to give up on finishing the campaign, which is pretty disappointing after all the time I've put into the game.

I guess I can try playing some custom games, or looking for user-made maps, and see if I am able to play those. Disappointing though.

Has anybody else run into difficulties like this?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 04 Mar 2009, 13:44

Well Vista is not officially supported so you may encounter bugs playing H5 with it. You can use cheats if you want to pass some unplayable battle; Look here.

You can type

Code: Select all

@Win()
in the console if you want to instantly win the mission.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

vampireprince
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vampireprince » 04 Mar 2009, 23:53

Asheera,

thanks for your reply.

So I guess it could be a Vista incompatibility then that is causing this. Is it also possible my user file became corrupted?

Reading your advice, I was thinking of doing something like this:

start from scratch creating a new user file -- then just use the code you provided to win all the missions up to the one I am playing now, and go from there, if things are working..

I guess the only problem is I would probably lose some things by starting from scratch, like the artifacts that carry over from mission to mission. But if it makes the campaign playable again for me, it might be worth it.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Mar 2009, 00:08

That's really annoying. Chances are if you have such serious problems that they will continue.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”