Editing Heroes

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Zhentri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Editing Heroes

Unread postby Zhentri » 22 Feb 2009, 22:51

Hello Grand members of the Round Table.

I have been surfing this place ALOT and I have found alot of great help and advice. :-D

BUT! :(

I have not been able to find how to actually edit Heroes, give them other Specialities. (Laszlo being Infantry Commander.)

If you could tell me, or point me in the direction of the post I missed, I would be really happy.

- Zhentri

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 23 Feb 2009, 01:39

You know how to open the .paks and create mods, I believe?

If so you just need to open the file "MapObjects\Haven\Ving.(AdvMapHeroShared).xdb" with Notepad (found in data.pak - also note that Haven and Ving is just an example, which actually is Irina (many heroes have different names than in-game))

Inside this file you have a lot of ways to customize the hero. For specialty you just need to swap the <Specialization> tag with some other one you want. :)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 23 Feb 2009, 02:53

Zhentri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zhentri » 23 Feb 2009, 10:04

Thanks for the quick reply, both of ya. =D

I can't seem to get it to work Asheera, And I am sure it's me doing something wrong. Could you by change explain it to me, bit by bit or something. =S

And Fiur, The link doesn't like me. =(

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 23 Feb 2009, 15:51

Use WinRar or WinZip to open data.pak file found in the data folder.

Extract the file I said above (for Irina example) in the data folder with the same path as in the pak. Then change the specialty tag with some other hero's (pick one from Haven and copy-paste that tag in your Irina file)

So you should have a modified file in data\MapObjects\Haven\Ving.(AdvMapHeroShared).xdb

And this works! Nothing more to be done, except that you can create a mod from this. Just create a .zip file with "MapObjects\Haven\Ving.(AdvMapHeroShared).xdb" (your modified file), and then rename its extension to .h5u and place it in UserMODs folder.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Zhentri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zhentri » 23 Feb 2009, 16:41

Asheera. I love you! =D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”