Dark Messiah map. Grrr

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Dark Messiah map. Grrr

Unread postby vulnevia » 05 Feb 2009, 22:50

Hello again everyone :)

I though I might look for updates for ToE yesterday, and saw to my surprise that I could play a Dark Messiah map. Of course i Played it, and then, BAM! I got the bug with the ring and the Air Elements.

I tried to copy the settings Asheers posted but with no luck. The only thing that works is the ctrl + I for removing the interface.

Read somewhere that the cheats don't work the 1.2 upgrade, is it the same for the 1.3? I don't even know what that cheat console looks like.

I just want that darn ring so I can go on playing ze map.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Dark Messiah map. Grrr

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Feb 2009, 22:58

Not sure if cheats work with 1.2 since the Map Editor was introduced with 1.3 (and with the Map Editor came the Cheating Guides as well)

And the others (Teleport Hero/Toggle Fog of War) didn't work because they are cheats - you probably binded them well (since hiding the interface worked), but you need to first type "enable_cheats" in the Console for those two to work.

So if you manage to make the Console work it shouldn't be much of a problem.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 05 Feb 2009, 23:06

The thing is, as i wrote at the end of the post; I don't even know what the console looks like, so I dont even know if I can enable it.
When I hit the ´-button, nothing happens, and when i try to write "enable_cheat" it asks me if I want to end the turn.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Feb 2009, 23:14

Oh you'll sure find out how the console looks like if it works, it pops up from above as some different window with a line to enter a code.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 06 Feb 2009, 12:14

Alright, I finally got the console to work, but not with the Dark Messiah map:

Any tricks?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Feb 2009, 13:46

Those errors are from the map itself, not from the console. You can still use it, just try typing "enable_cheats", press enter, then close the console and try to see if Teleporting or Toggling the Fog of War works.

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 06 Feb 2009, 16:12

I'll give it a try, cos it works on all the other maps, just not that, so I've also been thinking there's soemthing wrong with that map.

Edit: Now it works! Thank you for helping me :D

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Feb 2009, 16:16

Those things you see with "Value was NIL" are errors from the map script (how great for a developer, huh?) With the console you can enter scripting commands for the game as well, not just cheat.

Still, those errors don't have anything to do with the console, they don't mean that the console has errors and doesn't work.

EDIT: Oh I see it worked then. :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”