Problems with patching

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Problems with patching

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 18 Jan 2009, 14:11

so I downloaded new patch 3.1 and it wont install, it always says the same error "Heroes of might and magic tribes of the east is not installed on your computer" ,wtf I am then playing all this time if it is not instaled. I have all Heroes series,even Heroes 1, never had this problem so far.
Any ideas??
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Jan 2009, 14:20

Perhaps you're not installing the right patch for your version?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Jan 2009, 14:53

Most likely it's either a wrong language version of the patch (note that for the US version of the game you need to get the EU 3.1 version of the patch), or your game didn't install properly (which is less likely the case)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 18 Jan 2009, 15:58

There is only one patch for Heroes TOte.

And yes I did download a right version of patch...EU
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Jan 2009, 17:34

Hmmm...Have you recently reinstalled Windows, but left your programs (including TotE) intact? I don't know what else it could be.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Jan 2009, 18:09

Q. When I try to install the patch I get the message that Heroes 5 is not installed; but it is. Now what?
A. There are several different versions of the patch and which one you need depends on A, where you bought the game, and B, what version of the game you have. For instance, a standard version of the game bought in the U.S. needs the standard U.S. patch, while a Collector's edition of the game that was bought in Europe will need the European collectors edition patch. If you try to install the wrong patch you will get the message that Heroes is not installed.
Two things to remember. 1, nowadays with Internet stores, you might have bought the game online in Europe, but you might actually have the American edition. 2 There are a lot of countries that don't have their own version of the patch. Australia and Thailand come to mind.

Q. I don't know which version of the game I have. How do I find out?
A. Go to the Windows Start button.
Click it, and then click on the ˜run' option.
Type: regedit
Hit enter.
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V (may differ).
IN that folder you will see another folder and the name of that is the version of the game you have; for instance ˜European.'

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Jan 2009, 18:36

Try using the auto-updater maybe?
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 19 Jan 2009, 17:18

ok I tryed everything what you said,didnt help.

Can the problem be when I was installing the game I changed from C.program files to my other hard disk E ?
Be still,patch should rekognize the game no matter on what disk it is,right?
Done the same thing to Heroes original,no problems there.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 19 Jan 2009, 18:51

I installed it on D:\games so that can't be the problem...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”