Interesting battle

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 05 Jan 2009, 14:52

PhoenixReborn wrote:Ash I think the map is 'questing for peace' if you want to look at it. There is a military outpost but castle building is limited (upgrade level cannot be reached).

Edit: I was amused when the liches shot and it killed your own tent. :hoo:
Now that was my mistake :D I didnt see the shade that will also hit tent
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 14:58

RommeL_666 wrote:No I didnt catch time now to patch it,I saw the patch,didnt see many changes in gameplay by what it said in manual. Any BIG change in gameplay in patch? or just fixing bugs
If a patch fixes bugs you wouldn't download it?

And also it has lots of gameplay changes, but the changelog is very incomplete. For instance Storm Wind and Fog Veil have been improved a lot, triggering chances for creatures have been changed (mostly improved), rage nerfed a little, Divine Vengeance nerfed as well, Flaming Arrows reduces defense by only 50% instead of 100%, Firehound's breath attack does only 75% damage, and many more I don't remember at the moment.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 05 Jan 2009, 15:04

well I would almost everything for Heroes,but I am unlucky now and stucked to slow internet so I would take forever to download 100 Mb,so its not that I would not,just cant.
Can anywhere be found a calculation for what % there is a chance that some skill will be offered, like guradian angel,what is % that it will be offered to you?
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 15:27

Go in the directory you installed TotE, then enter the Fan Documents folder and then open up the Fan Manual. For 3.0, check out the Skills Advancement section that starts on page 294, it explains how the skill system works.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Jan 2009, 15:30

Necro didn't play well, it should have at least a few levels above haven. Also in the battle it didn't have any important spells, haven would be totally helpless with say mass slow/confusion/suffering/decay, frenzy or puppet. Heck even fire warriors/firetrap could have done the trick. Tactically it did not even protect its shooters, if the other necro units blocked the path of the brutes chances were haven would lose.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 05 Jan 2009, 22:01

I'll add my two cents. It seems that you made a magic build with your hero, with Sorcery and Intelligence, but didn't have a lot of spellcasting abilities to back it with. Instead of Defense and Attack, if you had Expert Dark Magic with Master of Mind, a Mass Confusion would neutralize the archers and allow your own archers to concentrate fire power on the brutes and footmen. Also, although Elaine could counter your Mass Slow with with Mass Haste, with only 30 mana, she will quickly run out. She didn't have enough mana to cast Mass Righteous Might, Mass Endurance, and Mass Haste.

And we're not even talking about the possibility of your getting 4th or 5th level Dark Magic spell. If you're lucky and have Vampirism, those ghosts could happily wade into the brutes and footmen without needing any Raise Dead.

The powerful Dark Magic is the easiest skill to get for Necromancers (15%). I'm surprised you don't have it.

btw, I think Earth Elementals are the worst kind of elementals to summon. They are so slow. By the time they act, and get within range to attack something, half the battle is likely over already.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 22:15

danhvo wrote:btw, I think Earth Elementals are the worst kind of elementals to summon.
You think? It's a known fact. Why would you favor a very slow tank as a summoned creature (who is not needed to be destroyed to win the battle) instead of a fast damaging creature? (of course it was a rhetorical question)

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Jan 2009, 23:05

Here is an interesting battle fought by me and Elvin. Elvin is Academy.

http://www.speedyshare.com/809620592.html

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Jan 2009, 00:21

Awesome fight. It was so close but eventually Consume Artifact and that Teleport saved Academy.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Jan 2009, 00:41

In an earlier battle with Elvin I summoned some elementals. He had elemental balance. I received earth elementals, he air. He hasted the air elementals and they went about 5 times before my earth went once.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Jan 2009, 00:49

Yeah saw that one too, that spell did more harm than good even though you wasted a hero turn and lots of mana for it.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Jan 2009, 00:53

We should fight again Asheera.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jan 2009, 01:06

Are you two going on a date or something? :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Jan 2009, 03:53

Off topic. :|

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Jan 2009, 10:13

I don't know if this was just my computer acting up or what, but I kept seeing double golems (in the same square) for the first half of the battle, and the titans were almost constantly the same number (6), even though there was a lot of attacking and resurrecting them. Towards the end, they disappeared altogether from the battlefield, even though they were still present on the atb bar.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Jan 2009, 12:26

That's a bug in replay-viewing, happens the same to me every time I watch it, so it's not computer-related or random either.

@Phoenix: Unfortunately I'm very busy these days, probably I'll be able to play in a week or two...

discostu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby discostu » 07 Jan 2009, 02:02

PhoenixReborn wrote:In my opinion it really depends on what summoning spells you have. If you have fire trap and arcane crystal along with those elementals you shouldn't have to much trouble.
That's why I love these forums. Just when I think I know absolutely everything about this game someone introduces an idea I never thought up...

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 07 Jan 2009, 03:56

Well I've had rigorous training by losing to just about every person imaginable. Once in a while I win though otherwise I wouldn't keep coming back for more.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Jan 2009, 19:30

Here's an interesting battle between me and a friend on a Duel Map designed by Elvin. :)

Haven (me) vs Stronghold

I tried a very defensive Haven with the Crossbowmen doing most of the job (note this tactic may fail on other races than stronghold as your opponent)

That map also allows you to train to Champions, but (unusually) I trained to 20 Peasants to Crossbowmen. As I said it was a crazy tactic I wanted to try, but it proved to be effective.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”