Interesting battle

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Interesting battle

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:31

So I just finished a battle what seem to me an interesting one, mostly from low level creatures,theres one map in custom game that limits only on low level creatures,with no upgrades,its kinda nice.
So I was just thinking about your opinion who would win in next combat:

My Army:
152 ghost
2bone dragons
1 weight
473 skeleton archer
9 lich
122 zombie

Vladimir level 15
Expert summoning magic can summon 20 earth elementals,but NO phoenix summon.
Master of life and master of conjuration
Expert enlightment : Intelligence
Expert sorcery
Advanced defence:Vitality
Basic attack

Attack 3
Deffence 11
Knowlege 6
Spellpower 10
Moral 0
Luck 1
Mana 90/90

Enemy:

Ellaine level 17
Expert leadership
Advanced luck:soldiers luck,magic ressistance
Basic defence:Vitality
And she casts Mass endurance and mass rightneus

Attack 3
Deffence 14
Knowlege 3
Spellpower 1
Moral 3
Luck 2
Mana 30/30

158 archer
303 brute
27 conscript
4 druid
7 earth elemental
163 footman

Well for me I got owned by footmans and brutes attack that was always two times. I lost,and enemy won with 15 footman and 3 earth elementals.
I guess my only hope was ghosts,but they cant live forver and ressing them just got them to weak,like one time footman luck attack killed them 60.
Dont you think heaven has the most powerful low level creatures,by up to tier 3,with no upgrades I mean..?
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 04 Jan 2009, 22:35

Hmm why is Ellaine on level 17 while Vladimir has only level 15?
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:41

Asheera wrote:Hmm why is Ellaine on level 17 while Vladimir has only level 15?
Well I was level 15 she was level 17
(this is battle that happened to me,not ficktional one)
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 04 Jan 2009, 22:48

Oh I thought this map doesn't allow leveling up normally, but automatic to a predefined level.

About the Haven low-level unupgraded creatures: no, I don't think they're strongest. In fact, I think they're one of the weakest. The Peasant is a joke. The Archer is indeed powerful and the Footman is somehow average...

However, I did some calculations and the upgraded versions of Haven are extremely powerful compared to the normal creatures. They gain a lot more power by upgrading than other factions, and I think that's why the upgraded Haven Dwellings cost so much gold (compared to other factions)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 04 Jan 2009, 22:55

hmm I dont have that problem, on the other side,just beacuse of strong low level heaven creatures and their cheapness I like to play with them.
Somehow I just learned to play extremely fast with them,bringing tier 6 and 7 creatures fast in my army,before enemy can do it. And if I can get Expert light magic with ressurection spell fast,hardly their is match in map for that.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 04 Jan 2009, 23:51

In my opinion it really depends on what summoning spells you have. If you have fire trap and arcane crystal along with those elementals you shouldn't have to much trouble.

Edit: any chance you can post the savegame?

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 05 Jan 2009, 01:03

PhoenixReborn wrote:In my opinion it really depends on what summoning spells you have. If you have fire trap and arcane crystal along with those elementals you shouldn't have to much trouble.

Edit: any chance you can post the savegame?
well I can try if you tell me how? Playing heroes a long time but never had to share something on forums.
btw, can I post replay of battle? or can some of you,and how to put and where to put that replay to watch it? Most of games you can learn a lot watching other ppl play so I was wondering how to do that,or can that even be done?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Jan 2009, 01:49

Let's see...the critical place here is mydocuments/mygames/heroes v tribes of the east/your profile name...

Then if you've saved replays there's a folder for replays and a folder for saves. You can copy files from there to be uploaded.

The easiest way to upload is to go to speedyshare (.com) and browse to the file you want to upload. Then click the download link and post that page here.

Hope that's clear.

(Edit: in game go to options/replay/combat replay)

Check out this replay by putting it in your replays folder:
http://www.speedyshare.com/285172268.html

It's one of my favorite battles, I just barely lost to Mytical on the map Rat Race. Chaos!

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 05 Jan 2009, 13:11

here I hoped I done it good

http://www.speedyshare.com/629944236.html

I watched your replay,you were Wizard right? Hmm you and your enemy used counterspell very often,maybe for you it was not so good,beacuse as I saw he didnt have some damaging spell that was really good.
How about that you summoned that phoenix much before ? it could protect your units much better.
I guess the worst thing that happend to you was puppet master on titans:) (btw can puppet master be Cleansed?)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 13:22

RommeL_666 wrote:(btw can puppet master be Cleansed?)
Yes. Frenzy is the one that can't, although you can still 'counter' it by Teleporting the frenzied creature near the enemy's troops (if you have the spell, of course)

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 05 Jan 2009, 13:38

Asheera wrote:
RommeL_666 wrote:(btw can puppet master be Cleansed?)
Yes. Frenzy is the one that can't, although you can still 'counter' it by Teleporting the frenzied creature near the enemy's troops (if you have the spell, of course)
So the only way to protect from frenzy is magic ressistance?

Can be cleansed that sedduction from succubus seducer? Its kinda too powerful spell for such a low level creature, I mean she took my 15 Seraphs for 3 turn and mutilated my army with it.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 13:55

Yes, seduction can be cleansed. You can also cast Magic Immunity or Vampirism and it will be dispelled as well. The last two spells also work against Frenzy (you need at least Advanced Light Magic to grant immunity to level 4 spells with Magic Immunity)

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Jan 2009, 14:06

The phoenix was vulnerable to harm touch from the wraith.

I'll look at that save now.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 05 Jan 2009, 14:14

PhoenixReborn wrote:The phoenix was vulnerable to harm touch from the wraith.

I'll look at that save now.
yes but he would then spend harm touch move on phoenix and not on killing something else

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Jan 2009, 14:19

So I watched about half the battle. That was rough. You only have raise dead from summoning magics?

One change that might help is to use the melee skeleton.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 05 Jan 2009, 14:24

PhoenixReborn wrote:So I watched about half the battle. That was rough. You only have raise dead from summoning magics?

One change that might help is to use the melee skeleton.
well I thought raise dead could give me victory,but it actually so much lowers my stats for creatures.
I could have go back and pick up phoneix spell and retrain them to meele skeletons,but I wanted to try the hard way

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 14:32

You used Raise Dead too much on the Ghosts, that's why the Footmen killed so many in the end.

Raise Dead reduces the target's stack hit points by 20% every time it is used. After five uses, the target stack will have 1 hit point... you can imagine how easy it will die then :D

Also, I thought you have only low level creatures and not high level ones (from what I understood in the first post) but there were Bone Dragons, etc, as well. And the tier 1s are upgradeable? That changes a lot for Haven since Peasants are very weak.

btw, just wondering, did you patch to version 3.1?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Jan 2009, 14:43

Ash I think the map is 'questing for peace' if you want to look at it. There is a military outpost but castle building is limited (upgrade level cannot be reached).

Edit: I was amused when the liches shot and it killed your own tent. :hoo:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 14:46

I think it was out of shots anyway :D

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 05 Jan 2009, 14:51

map is called Questing for peace,its custom game mape,you have it already so you can check it.
dragons and weights can be recruited from dwelings around the map but not in castle,and in castle only tier 1 can be upgraded.
When you look at it,its kinda unfair that raise dead lower so much stats for creatures,they are dead,then you bring them back alive(dead) again,so why should they lose stats,just beacuse raise dead is overpowered? It would be easyer that they just put something like 20 mana for raise dead, or 15 like resurection.That with lowering stats its kinda pointless to me.

No I didnt catch time now to patch it,I saw the patch,didnt see many changes in gameplay by what it said in manual. Any BIG change in gameplay in patch? or just fixing bugs

Return to “Heroes V-VI”