Whining about tribes of the east

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 05 Jan 2009, 10:18

PhoenixReborn wrote:My point is that having never even played most of the factions how can you possibly discuss balance and alternate choices?

For example, what's so obvious about the executioner/chief choice?
I thought I was careful enough when I used words like "seem" and "think". But yes you are right, I can't safely say that any creature choice is unbalanced. Thing is though, stronghold is the last town added and therefore I'd expect them to be the most balanced. Expecting that and also thinking that some choices were obvious, I assumed the situation was even worse for the other towns. Now, consider the words; expect, thinking and assuming. I am not stating a fact. why is this such a sensitive subject to you?

It seemed obvious because going for the most aggressive choice, to me, fit the stronghold theme better. I wouldn't want my unit to be good at retaliating, I want him to be good at attacking, since that is what gives me the most bloodrage.
Asheera wrote:You'd be surprised to actually find out that the Bloodeyed Cyclops is a lot better than the other one. Don't forget that the Untamed Cyclops' attack hits friendly units as well, and most of the time it is more danger to your army than to the enemy.
It does? that kinda sucks. goes to show that playing against the CPU tells you nothing about tiers.. And btw, I checked out the 3.1 fan manual (it comes with my gold edition I think but I read it on the net) and it is AWESOME. everything in detail. more detail than company produced manuals usually give.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 12:48

Agreed. The Fan Manual is great. If you're interested also check out this illustrated guide which explains how all creature attack patterns work (with nice illustrated examples) :)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 05 Jan 2009, 21:16

Asheera wrote:You'd be surprised to actually find out that the Bloodeyed Cyclops is a lot better than the other one. Don't forget that the Untamed Cyclops' attack hits friendly units as well, and most of the time it is more danger to your army than to the enemy.
It is for that reason that I mostly choose the Bloodeyed. Untamed Cyclops are large and slow creatures, so it's tough to maneuver them to take advantage of the area attack without hurting friendly units. I usually find that the area attack does more harm than good. In fact, I remember one time when I tried to attack with Untamed Cyclops, and could not attack in such a way without hurting my units. No matter which direction I attacked from, one or more of my units lit up.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 21:31

That happens to me most of the time as well. I don't recommend Untamed unless the enemy is a slow or defensive faction.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Jan 2009, 03:56

Don't pay much attention to me Arzang. I hope you haven't taken much offense. However, once my words did not hold much weight for I didn't know as much as I thought I did.

After playing for a couple of years against experienced people I know much more than I did when I first started. There is more depth to the game than can be turned over in casual play.

sylvanfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sylvanfan » 07 Jan 2009, 08:38

Asheera wrote:Agreed. The Fan Manual is great. If you're interested also check out this illustrated guide which explains how all creature attack patterns work (with nice illustrated examples) :)
Wow, this manual is great! I can't believe someone actually went through the trouble to publish this. (sorry didn't mean to sabotage the post. I'm reading with great interest)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”