TotE (Beginner)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Blasphemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

TotE (Beginner)

Unread postby Blasphemy » 24 Dec 2008, 19:56

So i just recently picked up TotE a few hours ago. I having quite a difficulty trying to free the cyclops due to my slayers get butchered first by those Paladins?. Then the angels slaughter my Centaurs...I cant figure out how to beat this effectively. Im not even sure if my troop number is affecting my outcomes. I have 99 slayers,100 Orc, 150 centaurs

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 24 Dec 2008, 20:07

Check the TotE Walkthroughs, maybe they can help you ;)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Blasphemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blasphemy » 24 Dec 2008, 20:37

i read that and it doesnt help at all..

"The last group of Stronghold units, Cyclops (tier 7), is contained north from here, at (O4). You have to battle some high-tier Haven units, but your Slayers should take them out easily."

Definitely doesnt help out any bit. Because i still struggle. I dont know how to keep my slayers being slaughtered by a paladin first turn. Even then they dont attack my Slayers, The angels will do some crazy spell that just wipes out all my centaurs.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 24 Dec 2008, 20:51

That must be Divine Vengeance... this spell does more and more damage to your creatures as they kill more enemy troops, so make sure you kill the Angels fast and first
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Blasphemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blasphemy » 25 Dec 2008, 02:20

So now i played for a few hours straight....This prologue must really be a noob killer

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Dec 2008, 12:12

Well the fans complained about the too-easy difficulty of Heroes 5 and HoF so the developers made the TotE campaigns a lot harder.

Ironmallet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironmallet » 25 Dec 2008, 12:39

Yes, as far as I can remember, HoMM games never had easy campaigns. It's a good thing since games nowadays have such easy Single Players that a lobotomized chimp wouldn't have a problem playing them.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Dec 2008, 13:06

What I don't get is that noobs like to start playing on a Hard difficulty... what do you think the Easy difficulty is there for? For those that are still new and need to learn how to play.

But somehow people seem to be ashamed of playing on Easy... we're all noobs at some point ;)

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 25 Dec 2008, 14:02

Normal difficulty works fine for me.

I had more trouble with the H5 original campaigns than the h5 tribes campaigns.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 25 Dec 2008, 14:08

Asheera wrote:What I don't get is that noobs like to start playing on a Hard difficulty... what do you think the Easy difficulty is there for? For those that are still new and need to learn how to play.

But somehow people seem to be ashamed of playing on Easy... we're all noobs at some point ;)
there is one good answer for it: as my friend use to say it, I like to play on the hardest level so I dont finish the game to fast.Playing on easy or maybe normal is just a matter of time when you will finish it not WILL you finish it.Bigger difficulty more fun and more willingest to give your best,not to just lay back on your chair and just kill everything with ease.
I just wished if they worked a lit bit more on bringing better upgrades,actually no better ones,but weaker ones,its just that in 90& cases it is crystal clear what upgrade to choose and the other one will always remain "not used".
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Dec 2008, 14:23

RommeL_666 wrote:there is one good answer for it: as my friend use to say it, I like to play on the hardest level so I dont finish the game to fast.Playing on easy or maybe normal is just a matter of time when you will finish it not WILL you finish it.Bigger difficulty more fun and more willingest to give your best,not to just lay back on your chair and just kill everything with ease.
Yes indeed, but I was talking more about those that complain some games are too hard. If they want an easier game then they should try lowering the difficulty.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Re: TotE (Beginner)

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 25 Dec 2008, 14:24

Blasphemy wrote:So i just recently picked up TotE a few hours ago. I having quite a difficulty trying to free the cyclops due to my slayers get butchered first by those Paladins?. Then the angels slaughter my Centaurs...I cant figure out how to beat this effectively. Im not even sure if my troop number is affecting my outcomes. I have 99 slayers,100 Orc, 150 centaurs
I dont know how the hell do you have problems with this battle.
First of all,you might have that skeletons who are willing to join you,its like 500 skeletons,they kill like 8 paladins,and if you have luck they will kill them all. I dont know why the guy at walkthrough said that it is better to sacrifise them for exp?sure they are negative moral,but damn they can kill almost everything without a need of other units.You can get ride of peasant that wanna join you,but keep the skeletons definitly. Put your units so paladin cant hit you from first attack but you can hit him when your turn comes up.Angel also shouldnt be a more trouble beacuse of the 500 skeletons.And after that its just easy to finish of the castle.Good luck
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 25 Dec 2008, 14:30

[/quote]Yes indeed, but I was talking more about those that complain some games are too hard. If they want an easier game then they should try lowering the difficulty.[/quote]

who knows what stupid ideas come in their minds.
It doesnt say HArd or Heroic for no reason,its damn hard to play at it,but you cant just enter in game put on heroic and say,oh damn the game is to hard,it sucks. It took me months,years and lot of exp to play all Heroes 2,3,4,5 as it should be played,it could be said that it takes some time to learn it,you may say it that it has much more diffrent paths to play it.
(sry for bad english)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”