Error window when launching TotE

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
runemaker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Error window when launching TotE

Unread postby runemaker » 10 Nov 2008, 22:16

Hey everyone,

I've had Heroes V on DVD since it came out and I got tribes of the east on download from EBGames when that came out. I never had any problems playing the games before but now I can't even get Tribes to start. Heroes V works but, it's really Tribes that I want to play.

When I launch the game, I get the splash screen and then it just hangs. If I look at the taskbar I see there is a window that just says "error" but no information. I've been searching and trying to contact Ubi, with no luck. Has anyone else had this problem?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 10 Nov 2008, 22:23

Hmm strange... what are your system specs?
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 11 Nov 2008, 00:51

Your best bet is probably to uninstall and reinstall Tribes and then patch it.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

runemaker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby runemaker » 14 Nov 2008, 02:52

Thanks guys. I got it to work by doing a reinstall. I was hesitant to do that at first because it's an online download that said I could only install it three times.

I can't get the patch to work. It says Tribes of the East is not installed, even though it is and I can play it. I'm not too worried about that though, at least I can play the game.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Nov 2008, 11:45

runemaker wrote:I can't get the patch to work. It says Tribes of the East is not installed, even though it is and I can play it. I'm not too worried about that though, at least I can play the game.
Are you sure the patch is the correct language version?
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Nov 2008, 11:51

Yeah for US version I had to use the EU patch.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”