Issues with heroes 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
aprilmay11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Issues with heroes 5

Unread postby aprilmay11 » 30 Oct 2008, 22:17

Well i just recently started and soon will be buying the expansions but ive been playing and just recentlly when i try to start up the game now my screen shuts off..
if i shut it off/on nothing comes up.. i tried reinstalling and no go... help please?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Issues with heroes 5

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 31 Oct 2008, 01:08

I'm not sure what ou mean by the screen shutting off. It just goes blank? Is your hard drive light blinking? Does it happen with any other game or just HOMM5? Did you install something else, like another game before it started happening? Have you done a virus scan (I hope your anti virus definitions are up to date.) Do you have lots of stuff running in the background?

Have you tried a system restore or reinstalling your video driver?
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

aprilmay11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aprilmay11 » 31 Oct 2008, 01:39

yes it completey shuts off the green light goes orange and yes ive resinstalled drivers even tried reverting back and this wll NEVER happen with any other game.. i can play other games for hours upon hours upon hours... no issue ive even tried closing programs. i have not tried this system restore tho and im protected by kaspersky

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 31 Oct 2008, 12:10

May be the video card overheating because it might not work with HOMM? No other idea sorry.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

holyfist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby holyfist » 31 Oct 2008, 14:37

I had similar problem with Disciples II: Dark Prophecy .
Game was trying to make monitor refresh frequency over 100Hz while normal was 60-70 and monitor would turn off to prevent damage.
Sadly i'm not sure where to find screen refresh rate meter for HOMM5 but i think this is your problem.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 31 Oct 2008, 14:57

I don't remember Heroes 5 having a refresh rate option though.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

aprilmay11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aprilmay11 » 31 Oct 2008, 15:55

the problem j ust started happening on other games too..
during the game on occasions it will hit a black screen and the sound will loop. and i must restart.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 31 Oct 2008, 16:04

Oh I thought your computer gets shut down :D

Then yes, it's a very high probability that the refresh rate is changed to something not supported, or the resolution (although I doubt). Try in the video card settings to "force" the application (Heroes V) to use the refresh rate of the desktop (whatever that is), and resolution!
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

aprilmay11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aprilmay11 » 31 Oct 2008, 20:09

ye but it just started happening with other games and i tried another monitor still same issue, tho right now the game is running but after time i will hit this problem in any game i play
i hit black screen system locks and sound loops

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 31 Oct 2008, 20:12

What are your system specs? Maybe it's the memory not enough.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

aprilmay11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aprilmay11 » 31 Oct 2008, 20:41

2.8 core 2 duo intel

8800 GT nvidia

2gig RAM

every driver up to date.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 31 Oct 2008, 21:05

That's more than enough - I don't know what could be the problem then.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 31 Oct 2008, 21:21

Graphic card scared by the Halloween to the death. :D

If you have classic nvidia drivers you may always remove them and replace by a more potent omega drivers. Also you may use rivatunner nad atitool to monitoring how will your card cope in the stress.

It can be overheating effect.
(and thus afterward defective card.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 01 Nov 2008, 02:31

It sounds to me like your video card is overheating since this is happening with all of your games after you play a while. Do you have stuff sitting on top of your computer or your computer sitting close to the wall? The back of your computer needs to be at least 6 inches from the wall so the fan cool the computer off properly. Possibly some componet on your video card has gone bad. If the fan on the video card went bad that could cause it.

You haven't been getting any error messages at all?
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Maddy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Maddy » 13 Nov 2008, 15:11

I have the same problem as well, although it did not start with HoMM it is most evident in this game. And it is completely random as well, game might freeze five minutes in or after hours. Its completely frustrating and i've done everything in this thread to try to get it to work. Temperature monitoring doesent display any peaks in temperature, updated latest drivers, forcing the refresh rate. Tryed the game on PCs with way lower specs and it doesen't happen. My gfx card is geforce 8800 GTS, if it still has anything to do with the video card. Running latest patch aswell.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”