Fabrice's Career Move

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Fabrice's Career Move

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Oct 2008, 14:31

Fabrice said a couple of months ago:

"To conclude this message, I have an announcement to make. I am leaving the position of Heroes of Might & Magic producer. Erwan le Breton will now be in charge of the project, he produced Tribes of the East. He has more than a patch plan to manage, dont worry Wink I will also be not too far from the action, as I'll continue (exclusively, from now on) working on Heroes Kingdoms, the webbased version with thousands of players."

That was a bit of a surprise for me. I understand the craze about web-based games and the new kind of gameplay they provide, but to me the real Heroes games remain the most prestigious projects. Especially with Heroes VI which will arguably contain more innovation than its predecessor.

What do you think, and which project would you have chosen if you were in Fabrice's shoes?
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 29 Oct 2008, 14:33

I would choose H6, it's a lot more interesting. Although the web-based games have their 'charm' as well :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 29 Oct 2008, 14:52

Well, officially Heroes VI hasn't even been announced so for general knowledge Fabrice might have simply moved to work on another project after H5 was done. But since we all believe that H6 will be for sure...Personally I was surprised about the change but I don't know what I'd choose - Fabrice knows better all the circumstances.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 29 Oct 2008, 15:33

Looks to me you left out the most important consideration: how he rates his cooperation with Nival and his chances for a success of VI.
ZZZzzzz....

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Oct 2008, 17:17

Yes, but I didn't really want to speculate about his motivations. It's probably a long story, "trust" me.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Oct 2008, 17:21

I would go for H6, that is a WAY bigger project, for gamers and Ubi...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 29 Oct 2008, 18:54

h6. A childhood dream :)

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 29 Oct 2008, 20:43

One thing is clear since Erwan was nearly the ToE producer, and that's he managed to force Nival making a "good" job. On that case, I guess Fabrice was right about moving to a minor project. If Nival is finally the Heroes VI developer, we'll see if Erwan is able to do a good job from the start, or if Nival is the real cancer of Heroes franchise.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”