3 new maps by Sarvi

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sarvi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

3 new maps by Sarvi

Unread postby Sarvi » 28 Sep 2008, 05:58

Recently I submitted 3 new maps (multiplayer) with a new feature which, to my knowledge, hasn't been done before for multiplayer maps.
The maps are 'Breakout', 'Dark Alliance', and 'City of Gold' (the last one not yet available but submitted a week ago).
Each contains a special victory condition (an objective) which makes different victory strategies possible. In each map there are four areas (for four Human players) almost the same in resources, etc. In each map you need to find some Keymaster Tents to complete the quest and win the game - you don't need to defeat your opponents.

I most enjoyed playing and testing these maps in single player mode, where you can choose any one of four starting positions.
Would welcome any feedback!
:) Sarvi
Ach wie schoen das niemand weiss....

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 28 Sep 2008, 09:04

Hi Sarvi,
I have played Breakout (twice) and Dark Alliance and enjoyed both very much.

In Breakout I won when I played Blue Academy, and lost (in the final battle with The Hive) when I played Stronghold. With Academy I waited longer before attacking The Hive, and sent in a strong Haven army first simply to take out the mana stealing imps. Anything else was a bonus. That done, the Academy army was able to use magic to the full and defeat the evil invaders! When I played Stronghold I didn't wait so long, and only attacked with them. I was hammered!

I also won on Dark Alliance as Blue Academy. Both maps I would easily give 10/10. There are some awsome mapmakers out there, of which you are one.

I keep a list of maps I download and play, on which I note mapmaker, source, score out of 10, what faction I played and how long it took me. (Shame there isn't a score screen like on H3).

I always play against the AI on Normal.

By checking this list just now I noticed I have played the following:
Breakout 10/10 10.2 Months Blue Academy
Dark Alliance 10/10 10.0M Blue Academy
Lions Nest (Lyonesse) 6.3M Red (only)
Rumple's Quest 10/10 9.4M Red Fortress
Sorcerer's Isle 10/10 9.0M Red Academy
Vampire Lover 10/10 10.2M Red Necro

All by Sarvi, so if you like large maps, usually with underground, well constructed and well balanced give them a try.

I noticed that you have just a new one posted here - Twighlight World. I will download it and try it one day, but prefer larger maps with U/G so it may not be soon. However your reputation may change this.

I hope others respond to your feedback request, as such consistent good work deserves support.

Bonzer
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 28 Sep 2008, 12:42

Actually that map, Twilight World is not a Sarvi map.... Also, for more of a challenge you should try the maps on hard or herioc... :devious: Good fun.
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 28 Sep 2008, 23:18

I just finished Breakout a few days ago myself. One of the better maps I've played. Thanks.

I have one comment about those maps with an alternate winning condition. In almost all of those maps, it is much faster, if not easier, to achieve victory by the normal condition (i.e. defeat all opponents) than by the alternate condition (e.g. capture an object, hold a town for 7 days, etc), which kind of makes the alternate condition useless. That is a little disappointing for me, because the idea is that you don't have to defeat all your opponents to win.

In Breakout, for example, you can also win by capturing the Orange town, but to do so, you pretty much have to defeat all other players. The Keymaster Tents that you must tag are next to your opponents' hometowns.

If you have an alternate condition, either make it the *only* condition (defeating all opponents is not enough), or make it easier than the normal condition to encourage players to pursue it.

Sarvi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

breakout

Unread postby Sarvi » 29 Sep 2008, 14:28

Thanks for that!
I've found in Breakout that "The Hive" is often too tough to capture (played on HARD difficulty). In that case you can still win by luring the defending Hero out, getting him to follow one of your weaker heroes, then sneaking in behind him and capturing the town!
:) Sarvi
Ach wie schoen das niemand weiss....

Return to “Heroes V-VI”