Newbie looking for some help

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 08 Jan 2009, 22:43

Yes that's hit and run described correctly.

Necro is not a might faction. Defense plus dark and summoning magic. Enlightenment + intelligence, mark of the necromancer if mana is an issue.

Tips:

Remember to build every day. Scope out what the next buildings cost (i.e. gems, or ore) so you know what mine to go after. Most factions have a key element they require for there level 7, for example, Academy requires gems both for the dwelling and to purchase titans, so you'd be looking for a gem mine early to stockpile.

If you are a light magic town (sylvan, fortress, haven) regeneration can help with creeping by resurrecting troops.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Jan 2009, 23:02

That "key resource" is the one your Resource Pilo provides ;)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 12 Jan 2009, 15:28

KiOwA wrote: Haven is like the U.S. of A. today - just can't get enough cash. Haven buildings and units somehow seem a little more expensive, and their racial ability depends heavily on gold.
yes this could be a good example,but USA has one good thing,a great army,just as Haven has it also. I play Haven as my main race,i just love them,if you learn to play with them good,gold is not an issue.
And if you ask yourself why? Until level 15 town just pick up gold from treasure chests,that will bring you gold at the beggining what you need and just build it a.s.a.p. CAPITOL, 4000 gold per turn will solve all your problems.
Dont buy priests until you actually have A LOT gold,they are expensive and not so good in small numbers so you dont actually need them fast. Focus on Crossbowman,griffins,cavaliers,and some angels. The rest you can buy later beacuse you dont really need them when fighting neutrals. Oh yes,some footmens for shield prot.
Tactics is very easy,get yourself skill Tactics,and then with griffins and cavaliers you will be able to finish off easy range neutrals,and crosbowmans ofc.

It is just a matter of how much you play with some class and really explore ALL of her possibilities :)
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 12 Jan 2009, 15:33

Asheera wrote:That "key resource" is the one your Resource Pilo provides ;)
yes,but giving 5000 gold for it is so risky trade and can leave you without troops if you build it early on,not to mention it will take you forever to build capitol then :)
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 12 Jan 2009, 16:01

True, I wasn't hinting to build it very fast, I usually build it around week 3. I was just saying how can you find out what is your key resource for your faction easily, if you don't know it already that is.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 Jan 2009, 17:27

When starting a new game choose the Artifact bonus. I find it the most "come in handy" - it gives more money than the money bonus if it sucks and you trade it on the marketplace and it's better than the sometimes sucky (numbers of) resources you can get.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”