Which Faction has the Coolest Looking Town?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which has the coolest looking town?

Haven
4%
Academy
50%
Sylvan
17%
Fortress
4%
Stronghold
No votes
Dungeon
8%
Inferno
4%
Necropolis
13%

Total votes: 24

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Which Faction has the Coolest Looking Town?

Unread postby blizzardboy » 11 Sep 2008, 20:11

Vote away. Which is the coolest looking town when it's all said and done?

And btw, don't take into account the background music. That will be a seperate poll.
Last edited by blizzardboy on 11 Sep 2008, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
^^It's my little girl! But YOU will address her as Princess Strawberry Blizzard :mad:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 11 Sep 2008, 20:15

Sylvan is very nice, but I like Dungeon more... the dark atmosphere and magic sparks and the buildings are nice :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 11 Sep 2008, 20:40

I vote Academy. Haven and Sylvan get honorable mentions because the sunset atmosphere looks really cool in both of them.

Fortress gets the worst on this one. It's a big hole in the ground, and you can only view it angled directly above the hole. Honestly, in real life, that would be the most indefensible town in the universe. Once those tiny looking walls were breached, the enemy could just use the rubble to throw down on the town which is built on the sides of a pit with lava at the bottom.
^^It's my little girl! But YOU will address her as Princess Strawberry Blizzard :mad:

Fewtger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fewtger » 11 Sep 2008, 20:56

Very though pick between Haven and Academy.

Both have a very recognisable setting. Only reason I picked Academy is because I like the Arabian setting better.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 11 Sep 2008, 20:58

I get a feeling Haven and Academy will get the most votes, since they're populated by Humans.

People, just use your imagination - you're whatever you want to be, not necessarily a human :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 11 Sep 2008, 21:07

Asheera wrote:I get a feeling Haven and Academy will get the most votes, since they're populated by Humans.

People, just use your imagination - you're whatever you want to be, not necessarily a human :P
We can be dark elves as we fall to our deaths because our town was built upside down and there was an earthquake :rofl:

Seriously though, dungeon is pretty cool looking, but you can never get a good view of the town because of the upside down thing.
Although it gets points for having a giant half naked girl statue that's larger than the castle itself.

KiOwA
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby KiOwA » 12 Sep 2008, 06:45

Without a doubt, Academy. A city floating in the clouds - I think the designers pulled it off superbly.
"One thing you can count on, you push a man too far, and sooner or later he's gonna start pushing back." - Payne

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Sep 2008, 08:56

Not hard to guess my vote :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Sep 2008, 08:59

Umm...The...Broken...Sword...town?? ;)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Sep 2008, 09:15

you imply that I like playing broken factions? :D Nah that would be academy but I suppose I have not posted much about them here :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 12 Sep 2008, 10:54

Academy has the coolest look.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 12 Sep 2008, 11:18

Ditto Acadmy, then Haven, Then Necroplis and Stronghold

Weakest is Fortress imo.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Sep 2008, 12:47

acadamy (though I feel sorry for the guy living in the house with no stairs to the rest of the town, he's trapped forever :'( )

second is haven with fortess

stronghold is okay though some buildings like cyclops dwelling look a bit unnatural and it's a little empty on some spaces

I hate necropolis and inferno since the buildings make no sence, I mean how on earth are those wraiths supposed to get to land when their dwelling is stuck on a floating island, I don't like inferno because all the dwellings are like levitating in front of the central pillar, they should be inside the pillar and all the dwellings look pretty ugly anyways (except for pitlord and devil spawn)

I think dungeon has a great atmosphere but it's 2 bad that a lot of the buildings are hardly visible and have no originality 'jeez how would a hydra dwelling look like? I know! a stalactite with hydra heads on it, but what about dragon dwelling? I know! a stalactite with a dragon head on it' <_<

wut I hate most is sylvan, elves life in forests like in H3 not on islands around a big tree (why is it standing in water anyways?) also I hate the treant and unicorn dwellings and the Christmas decoration
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 12 Sep 2008, 15:29

Here comes old Wolfsburg with his irritating HV devotion. :devil:

I think the developers were very fortunate with their concept choices for all cities. They are not only solid concepts but differ enormously from each other. If there is something a fan cannot contest is how particular every faction is.

I think Inferno is stupendous with its colliseum-like structures floating sadly over a boiling core, attached to each other by heavy chains. It kinda reproduce infernos philosophy, empty greatness, inhuman conditions, no ways to dettach yourself or to flee from the central power.

Necropolis gives me exactly that hollow feeling of the grave. Its like a world that is a distorted reproduction of proud and imponent pinacles and towers but swollowed by darkness and silence. Which also reproduces their philosophy. Life is turmoil and chaos, death is eternal beauty and silence. The moon and the cloudy sky are a perfect complement.
haloswift wrote: wut I hate most is sylvan, elves life in forests like in H3 not on islands around a big tree (why is it standing in water anyways?) also I hate the treant and unicorn dwellings and the Christmas decoration
It gets kinda hard for the developers, dont you think? If they try out a new concept the fans say it should be like HIII, if they keep the same, they bash the developers calling the game HII 3D.

I particularly think its a lovely city. The idea of an island strenghtens the idea of elves as an insular nation, and the fact that they are built around a single ancient tree, reflects a little bit their elder-centered, druidic mentality, without losing that supernatural spark. Plus it really gives them that "Ultimate Defenders of Sylanna" feeling. Sunsent complements this city nicely.

I could go on with the others, but in order not to piss off the other voters, I'll go straight to my favourite. Haven. Although I dont like playing them at all, I think the developers have suceeded with perfection to reproduce a fantasy composition loaded with monumental buildings, influenced by an equally fantastic church-like architecture, but without losing that feeling of a simple medieval town where the nobles and clerics are allocated among the clouds not to face the peasants down bellow. Also, a human-like trait.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 13 Sep 2008, 12:24

I don't mind that there's a big tree but I still think they should life in a forest, since they are the protectors of it, and I don't mind it's different then h3 but they should have made the same kinda atmosphere, cuz I don't find this fitting with elves at all
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Sep 2008, 12:28

Well, there are many different kinds of elves depending which author or folklore you go by. I like the Sylvan town of HoMM V, I imagine the elves being guardians of a great forest which surrounds the like.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

KiOwA
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby KiOwA » 14 Sep 2008, 19:23

It does bear some resemblance to the Tree of Eternity in Warcraft 3... which got ripped off from the Norweigan mythical tree, Yggdrasil.

Personally I think the idea is a tad over-done.
"One thing you can count on, you push a man too far, and sooner or later he's gonna start pushing back." - Payne

Return to “Heroes V-VI”