No retribution for Inferno?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

No retribution for Inferno?

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Sep 2008, 16:25

Every faction except for the Inferno (and the Necropolis, but that one is obvious) has access to the Retribution subskill.

Why?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Sep 2008, 16:43

To provide the game with some diversity.

I'm already disappointed that a lot of abilities are available to almost all classes in TotE, unlike being unique to only a small number of them like it was before.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Sep 2008, 17:07

I'm all for diversity, but giving this skill to 6 factions and not to the 7th (I'm not counting Necro) is not diversity, it just puts them at a disadvantage. Even more so since this is one of the strongest abilities one can aim for, and though I would like to see more abilities become unique to a specific faction, I wouldn't something as powerful as Retribution to be one of these unique abilities.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Sep 2008, 23:13

Bad idea. It's the kind of thing that ends a battle before it even begins considering inferno's superior initiative and already good damage.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 06 Sep 2008, 20:02

I think Necropolis and Inferno both don't have retribution for the same reason: they can have massive amounts of units. Necro has necromancy, inferno has gating. I don't think giving these two zerg factions retribution would be a good idea.

Light magic/Retribution would be awesome for Inferno. Their units have wide damage ranges, so Bless+Retribution would dish out incredible damage.

KiOwA
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby KiOwA » 14 Sep 2008, 20:10

blizzardboy wrote:I think Necropolis and Inferno both don't have retribution for the same reason: they can have massive amounts of units. Necro has necromancy, inferno has gating. I don't think giving these two zerg factions retribution would be a good idea.

Light magic/Retribution would be awesome for Inferno. Their units have wide damage ranges, so Bless+Retribution would dish out incredible damage.
Good point, I never thought of that. Gated units that can deal MORE damage, on top of hellfire...
"One thing you can count on, you push a man too far, and sooner or later he's gonna start pushing back." - Payne

Return to “Heroes V-VI”