Haven dwellings switch to random in-game (v.3.1)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Haven dwellings switch to random in-game (v.3.1)

Unread postby ronus03 » 05 Sep 2008, 16:07

Hi all,

After installing the new patch (3.1), all of Havens dwellings turn into random dwellings. The other factions appear to be working properly though. When I go into the map editor, everything looks just fine. It only happens in-game. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Last edited by ronus03 on 05 Sep 2008, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Sep 2008, 16:13

I haven't played with Haven with 3.1 so I don't know, but I hope it's not like that
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Sep 2008, 16:23

Try removing any mods you might have installed.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 05 Sep 2008, 16:30

I don't have any mods installed. They usually mess something up. It's pretty much a clean install, but that would of been something I overlooked. ;)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Sep 2008, 16:32

What about user-made maps? Those can also act as mods.

No one has reported this before, so if the above doesn't work either, try making a clean install.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 05 Sep 2008, 16:44

I'll give it a whirl and report back with my findings. :D

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby nevermindspy » 05 Sep 2008, 16:56

maybe you can send someone else the same map your using ,Because i played today against haven and the dwellings were 100% ok ..

Ofcoures they were a random with type like town , In your map is it constant haven dwelling? maybe in this option this bug occours..

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 05 Sep 2008, 17:45

(Haven't gotten around to doing a fresh install yet)

Actually, it's consistent in all of the maps I've checked that I know are supposed to be Haven.
Note: Map editor - fine
In-game - wrong

I noticed the problem after using Silpion's template editor http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 8751025626 (which is awesome after fiddling with different zone configurations). I made one zone with dwellings for each player, in which you can select the appropriate faction. And yes, I did select Haven for Haven dwellings. :D
After that, I popped it into the RMG and everything was how it's supposed to be except the dwellings. But I fail to see how it could possibly be the template editor. It just makes a harmless .xdb file that shouldn't disturb any scripts or programming.
I'll get back to yas after I find my install disc lol.

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 05 Sep 2008, 18:42

Ok, I just did a fresh install and made a random map with the same template. It seems to be working fine now.
Sorry for the hubbub, but it would be nice to resolve any problems without having to reinstall the game again and again. I'm still wondering what went wrong. Thanks for the input guys. :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”