Best level 6 unit

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

In my opinion, the best level 5 unit is

Paladin / Champion
40%
Pit Lord / Pit Spawn
14%
Wraith / Banshee
3%
Ancient Treant / Savage Treant
12%
Shadow Matriarch / Shadow Mistress
7%
Rakshasa Raja / Rakshasa Kshatra
5%
Flame Lord / Thunder Thane
16%
Foul Wyvern / Paokai
3%

Total votes: 73

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Best level 6 unit

Unread postby Metathron » 01 Sep 2008, 23:24

Vote away, and make sure to explain your choice.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 01 Sep 2008, 23:28

Pit Lords and Paokai are too slow (initative wise) to have much effect. Paokai have weak specials and don't get rage.

I enjoy thunder thane but they do die kinda fast and they don't hit that hard even if they get a multi hit (yes I know they do double damage range).

Mistress/matriarchs are too few.

Wraith is pretty important for necro, I like it fine...

but Paladin is much better with great specials.

I very much like the treant also, good specials, defense works great with ranger but Paladin is the best all around unit.

Paladin for me.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 02 Sep 2008, 00:15

Treants for their staying power!

Ika
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ika » 02 Sep 2008, 00:31

I am half half on this, but I voted for the Thanes, since I think that most people won't vote for them, but I think that they are understated. My other choice is Treants.
Paokai are slow and have nothing really special.
Rakshasa are quick, but don't have that much life.
Matriarchs are too few.
Wraiths are good, I like them, but I think there are better ones.
Champions are good, but again, they're not particularly intriguing.
Pit Lords are good, I like that they can ressurect.
Treants are great. Just like Thanes.
Thanes are fast, they have staying power and have their particular skill to fall back on if that is not enough. :)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 02 Sep 2008, 10:56

I'd say the Paladins: they inflict heavy damage because of Charging bonuses, have Lay Hands to dispel most nasty Dark Magic effects and are immune to Frenzy.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 02 Sep 2008, 14:16

Paladins, not a hard choice.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

John.Galt
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby John.Galt » 02 Sep 2008, 15:17

Paladins are simply awesome. Easily take my vote.

However I wish I could also vote for Treants... their tanking ability to protect druids/arcane archers is very very nice as well.
I swear - by my life, and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 02 Sep 2008, 18:52

Champions. If you look at the stats and their specials they are dragons withslightly lower attack and defense. The jousting bonus makes up for attack, and AAs make up for defense.

So I agree with the overwhelming majority here.
ZZZzzzz....

KiOwA
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby KiOwA » 03 Sep 2008, 17:59

Treants without a doubt. Their ability to lock down a fast-charging opponent is unparalleled, and they are HARD to kill (their offense is pitiful, but hey, my other stacks will do the killing). They will really save your shooter stacks in a pinch.

On a side note, I wish there could be a mod to restore the beta Treants' appearance for ToTE.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 06 Sep 2008, 04:50

Champions for obvious reasons - their damage output is so high I'd call them the crown of the Haven army.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 06 Sep 2008, 20:24

Champions might the best tier 6 in the hands of a human player...

But I'd rather fight Champions any day over upgraded Thanes against a computer. 1st round they hit your ranged units with their special attack. And you can't use single stacks to block off their melee damage. They're terrible!

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Sep 2008, 20:51

By the way, the title of the poll is "In my opinion, the best level 5 unit is" :P

Copy Paste is EVIL :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 06 Sep 2008, 22:13

I went for the Treants. They saved me in 'Days of Fire' and in the Sylvan campaign. Paladins and Champions undoubtedly kick ass too, though I don't use Lay Hands that often...
Thanes are pretty good too (I vaguely recall a link somewhere here to a video where they've got the Rune of Battle Rage on them and kill a large chunk of Inferno). I've never seen the Flame Lords ability trigger though. Is it any good?
Paokai are easily the worst, though Foul Wyverns aren't too bad. Pit Spawns and Shadow Mistresses (whatever the melee one's called, I've never used them) are too slow to do anything. Rakshasa are good when you've got them, but most of the time they're the last thing I build in Academy.
Could someone explain the fuss about Wraith/Banshees? I know that they do a lot of damage, but their specials aren't great and most of the time the fight's over before they get to do anything spectacular... I'm not saying that they're rubbish, before people start ranting...
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Sep 2008, 09:12

aaelgr wrote:I've never seen the Flame Lords ability trigger though. Is it any good?
Do you mean flame wave? Meh, it's nothing to write home about. But flame strike is great.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Sep 2008, 11:17

@aaelgr: You say the Shadow Mistress is too slow and then you say how great the Rakshasa is, which is slower. :P

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Sep 2008, 11:20

Well he might have been thinking of their speed as opposed to initiative, but most likely he was taking dash into account.

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 09 Sep 2008, 02:21

oops

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 28 Oct 2009, 23:27

You're all wrong :D

I can longer ignore it. Rakshasha's are gods among mortals. The only reason cavaliers seem amazing is because they're with a heavy might hero and you can train extras; but that credit belongs to the Knight, not to the cavaliers.

Dash = awesome. Hitting everything in almost a 360 degree radius = awesome. Imagine hydras with fast initiative, and you have Kshatras.
^^It's my little girl! But YOU will address her as Princess Strawberry Blizzard :mad:

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 29 Oct 2009, 01:50

blizzardboy wrote:You're all wrong :D

I can longer ignore it. Rakshasha's are gods among mortals. The only reason cavaliers seem amazing is because they're with a heavy might hero and you can train extras; but that credit belongs to the Knight, not to the cavaliers.

Dash = awesome. Hitting everything in almost a 360 degree radius = awesome. Imagine hydras with fast initiative, and you have Kshatras.
... and buff with Zealots / Inquisitors ...
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 31 Oct 2009, 04:31

I agree that people haven't separated the Knight's effect from the paladin's effectiveness, or of the rest of the Haven army for that matter. You start with 1 town but soon you will have multiple towns and heroes as you eliminate players in FFA, human or computer.

In isolation I'd say rakshasa or thanes are the most effective. People forget thanes can fly as well.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”