Imbued Ballista takes Hero turn?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
jwallstone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Imbued Ballista takes Hero turn?

Unread postby jwallstone » 31 Aug 2008, 18:28

It seems that when I use an imbued ballista, it takes up the Hero's turn. Meaning that the hero is coming up soon after the ballista on the ATB bar, but after the Ballista goes, the hero gets sent all the way back. I know it's supposed to be the hero casting the spell, but I didn't think it was supposed to take the hero's turn too. Is this supposed to happen, or is this a bug?

I have patch 3.1.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 31 Aug 2008, 18:32

This was all the time happening in every version. I think it's supposed to work that way, but if it really IS a bug then it's one nasty bug because they didn't fix it all this time :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 31 Aug 2008, 19:52

It happens from time to time with me as well.

Also the Hive spell is sucking my Hero's spellpower when "attacks". Isn't it said that the Hive have/use it's own spellpower for casting it's Wasp Swarm?

John.Galt
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby John.Galt » 31 Aug 2008, 21:07

This has never happened to me, and I use imbue ballista all the time...
I swear - by my life, and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

jwallstone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jwallstone » 31 Aug 2008, 21:40

I didn't think it happened before either. I don't know if it's patch 3.1, or what.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 01 Sep 2008, 04:59

I remember this bug/feature was in 2.0, but not 1.0.

This is what dschingi replied in 2007 at HC:
Yes, when the ballista shoots it's like your hero cast the spell, so normally your hero and the ballista have the same position in the atb bar afterwards. The last few times I had imbued ballista, the hero always moved 1 step before the ballista after it shot. I don't know if I was just lucky or if this has been changed with the patches, because I also remember one game when my hero always moved one step behind the ballista, so he couldn't act at all after using the imbuing ability.

Due to the fact that the spells from the ballista are cast by the hero, this also means it's affected by Sorcery and the reduced "initiative costs" of mass spells. So when the ballista's turn is over, your hero's new position in the atb bar might be 0.3 points (sorcery) or 0.5 points (mass spells) before the ballista. Unfortunately the bonus will be lost again after ballista's next turn... In theory it should be possible to have two actions in one round when imbuing with a mass spell and casting another mass spell with the hero.

I have no idea if this is intended or not. After all it's not really logical that hero and ballista move to exactly the same position in the atb bar. I'm sure it has been like this for a long time, at least since patch 1.2 or 1.3, although I'm not sure about 1.0.

I hope it's not too confusing :)
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 01 Sep 2008, 21:43

Man I had a couple good games with Dschingi, too bad he disappeared.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”