Technical problem

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Fewtger
Peasant
Peasant

Technical problem

Unread postby Fewtger » 24 Jul 2008, 08:11

I have the Heroes of Might and Magic Complete edition (the nice, white box). And I'm happy with it so far.

There is just one thing, somehow I cant install HoMMV (and Hammers of Fate which is in the same CD). Every time I pop it in, my computer freezes.
At first I thought it might be CD (which is unscathed, by the way), but I borrowed the same CD form someone else (also unscathed) and the same thing happens.

Can anyone give me a clue about what happening? (and maybe a solution to fix it?)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 24 Jul 2008, 12:07

It's probably your CD/DVD-ROM defect and can't read the disk... it happened to me once as well...

Try to read other CDs/DVDs and see if this is the problem
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 24 Jul 2008, 16:46

You said you had a friend who has the same game, ask him to uninstall his version of HOM and then re-install using YOUR cd/dvd.. If the game installs on his computer then you know there's a chance that you have a faulty cd drive.
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Fewtger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fewtger » 25 Jul 2008, 18:48

I don't think it's my CD-drive, because he installed HOMM3 and Tribes of the East perfectly.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2008, 18:55

Wurtzel wrote:You said you had a friend who has the same game, ask him to uninstall his version of HOM and then re-install using YOUR cd/dvd.. If the game installs on his computer then you know there's a chance that you have a faulty cd drive.

Why would he need someone that has the game too?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Fewtger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fewtger » 30 Jul 2008, 17:02

So no one can help me out? I thought it maybe some of my computer's settings, but I'm not that handy with computers..

Fewtger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fewtger » 10 Aug 2008, 12:50

I may have found something the other day, it said the most common cause is DAEMON (or something). So, I uninstalled it, but it still won't work.

But could it be I need some program for my driver or something?

DeejMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Can't install game

Unread postby DeejMaster » 13 Oct 2008, 08:15

I know this is a late post, however I couldn't help notice that Fewtger stated that he had HoF on the same CD. Wouldn't that be a DVD and wouldn't he need a CD/DVD RW/ROM. The poor guy may only have a CD ROM. LOL

Return to “Heroes V-VI”