Where'd the halflings go?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Where'd the halflings go?

Unread postby blizzardboy » 09 Jul 2008, 14:37

Whatever happened to the halflings anyway? They aren't in Heroes 5 at all :(.

I noticed that the Heroes 5 factions are becoming more race oriented than ideology oriented; Haven is all human, Fortress is all dwarf, Sylvan is all elf. Halflings didn't have anywhere to be stuck perfectly, though I think they could have worked being stuck with the dwarves as a tier 2 slinger unit instead of the spearchucker's, but that's just me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 09 Jul 2008, 14:41

Halflings would go in a new town, not with other races :proud:
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Jul 2008, 15:23

Halflings could go with human. Since they're found traces of halflings in real world and that they are really related to normal homo sapiens. Besides, Aragorn wouldn't complain much, would he? :D

They could go as first level units, a small militia or throwing boulders like usual and, perhaps, a special "burning ring" ability. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 09 Jul 2008, 16:56

I'd prefer them to those sorry peasants,
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 09 Jul 2008, 17:15

But then we won't have jokes about the fat peasants anymore :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 09 Jul 2008, 17:46

That would be terrible! We must find a solution at once!
- Metathron

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 09 Jul 2008, 18:21

Just don't bring a McDonalds..

sorry for spam
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Jul 2008, 18:28

Asheera wrote:But then we won't have jokes about the fat peasants anymore :D
They could be neutral. Remember that no one messes up with them! So, their undestructible farms wouldn't be targeted by enemies or the AI.

About the halflings: dunno, maybe with nagas?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 09 Jul 2008, 18:32

Halflings don't have that much in common with nagas.
In a human town, it might work, but I would use them as thieves/rogues or something (that is, if we can talk about new towns, I think a halfing-thief type of town should work??).

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Jul 2008, 19:29

That can be. ^^ I was also considering them with elves.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 09 Jul 2008, 19:40

oh yeah, that would work too, since halflings kinda love nature ;)

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 10 Jul 2008, 02:03

A halfling faction would be cool. They could be a neutral faction of trickery and thievery.

Tier 1: Slinger (ranged)
Tier 2: Stag Beetle Rider (melee/large)
Tier 3: Serpentfly/Dragonfly (flyer)
Tier 4: Swashbuckler (melee chain-fighter with reach attack)
Tier 5: Satyr (melee/caster)
Tier 6: Bard (ranged/caster)
Tier 7: Giant Mantis (flyer/large)

Since all the viable primary/secondary attribute combinations are in use, they could be a faction that has an even gain in all four, which would play along with the roguish, "jack of all trades" theme with them.
For their town, they're unique buildings would be the escape tunnel (like in the H3 stronghold town) that lets them flee from a siege. They would also get an upgradable tavern, which open up the staple ability for the halflings (just like with training or artifacts or the undead converter etc...) With the tavern upgrade, you can hire informants and spies, which would give you more detailed information on the players and possibly cause temporary morale/luck damage, or maybe even production damage through different missions. (you send X spy out against X hero, and there's a percent chance it will damage their morale/luck or you can target a town to get inside information or steal resources or something). I haven't thought out thoroughly what it would do. It wouldn't be a real tangible unit though, just a unique halfling ability.
I'd probably throw in an artifact merchant as well for them since that would make sense for a roguely town.
Their class would be the Rogue, but I'm not sure what it would do. Probably improve the effectiveness of spies and maybe some complimentary combat ability to go with it.

Anyway, I have way too much time on my hands talking about something that will never matter.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 10 Jul 2008, 08:11

I prefer them in an alliance with the Wizards, like in H2 and H4 :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jul 2008, 11:46

blizzardboy wrote: Anyway, I have way too much time on my hands talking about something that will never matter.
That happens rather often to me as well. :D That's why I created a spoiling/useless thread on Campfire to talk about Heroes of Might Happen 6, you see. :D

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jul 2008, 12:24

You should see in HC, so many proposals for new factions, magic systems, skills.
- Metathron

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 10 Jul 2008, 12:26

blizzardboy wrote:A halfling faction would be cool. They could be a neutral faction of trickery and thievery.

Tier 1: Slinger (ranged)
Tier 2: Stag Beetle Rider (melee/large)
Tier 3: Serpentfly/Dragonfly (flyer)
Tier 4: Swashbuckler (melee chain-fighter with reach attack)
Tier 5: Satyr (melee/caster)
Tier 6: Bard (ranged/caster)
Tier 7: Giant Mantis (flyer/large)
Nice :tsup:

It is a start, but why bother, it will probably not even be read by anyone who will make HOMM6 :disagree:

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 10 Jul 2008, 13:22

Elvin wrote:I'd prefer them to those sorry peasants,
Blasphemy! They were part of the series since Heroes 1! :D
Elvin wrote:You should see in HC, so many proposals for new factions, magic systems, skills.
I think fans are simply enjoying creating stuff... It doesn't really matter if any of it ends up in the game. Anyhow, there have been some interesting threads (see this Halfling proposal).

I love the tolkienesque Halflings in Age of Wonders. Note the plethora of creature skills. :-D
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 10 Jul 2008, 13:38

I agree with Vlaad. Fans make the faction and skill proposals just for fun, not for implementing it in the game (although they would sure love to see it implemented, I'm sure)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 10 Jul 2008, 15:44

the halflings went to die and never appear again :devil:
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jul 2008, 14:24

the Cyclops ate them... and as halflings are bad for you they all got bloody eyes...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”