New Random Map Generator..!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

New Random Map Generator..!

Unread postby nevermindspy » 09 Jun 2008, 19:22

Hello everyone after alot of hard work the first version of my project - a new random map generator for heroes of might and magic 5 named IRMG is ready for first release ,Hopefully it will mark a new better future for random maps :

For more info and explanation of how it works and how to use it check out the IRMG WIKI
(Current Version 1.0 beta).

And especially important before playing to understand the New Content

First thing i wanna emphasize is the first version only support 1on1 players in the future and based on demand i might expand to more (and ofcourse teams option ) Also maps are ONLY FOR TOTE.

The program contains a map generator that is template based and a nice interface to edit templates , This rmg has nothing to do with the ubi rmg and don't share anything with it , Its not a mod its a standalone program that generates random maps.

Download Link

To install simply download the file , Extract the zip content and run setup.exe.

Future Plans
These are the changes i plan to include in the future versions by my prioritization : (So keep looking for program updates)

1) Integrate different terrain ( currently only grass ) and roads.
2) Adding dwelling options to template and map.
3) Change mines algorithem to add first wood and ore mines close to the starting town.
4) Add Disable instant travel/fly functionality.
5) Add new dwelling + units based on the new units in the NCF project
(First unit i want back is enchanter..! :) )
6) Change the object spreading algorithem - currently the algorithem is completly random based on object fitting in the zone , The idea is to change algorithem like h3 rmg to add objects based on distance from each other ( every new object will be farest from other objects as possible to create a more even far wise spread)
7) Create stacked objects ( monsters will guard more then 1 object (objects that are not resources ) ).
8) fix any bugs you may find - Those will be prioritize based on severity.

Any feedback that can help improve the future version is welcomed

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 13 Jun 2008, 23:34

Hi! I just started playing a first random map generated by your program. I think it's great you're working on sth like that. The mixed armies is a HUUUUGEE improvement.
One thing I noticed - trying to do a small map always gives me error saying that there's not enough room for castles ot sth. The maps also need roads and be a little less chaotic.

Keep up the good work man! Looking foreward for new versions.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Jun 2008, 01:18

jerseys wrote: One thing I noticed - trying to do a small map always gives me error saying that there's not enough room for castles ot sth.
You need to change the number of towns from 3 to 1. You can adjust template options from the second tab (on the top bar)...don't forget to save your changes.

If your still getting object placement errors, reduce the object density a little bit.

nevermindspy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby nevermindspy » 14 Jun 2008, 05:37

jerseys wrote:Hi! I just started playing a first random map generated by your program. I think it's great you're working on sth like that. The mixed armies is a HUUUUGEE improvement.
One thing I noticed - trying to do a small map always gives me error saying that there's not enough room for castles ot sth. The maps also need roads and be a little less chaotic.

Keep up the good work man! Looking foreward for new versions.
Will do! , Roads as i mentioned is the next thing to be added..

As to not being able to generate small maps - It all depends on the template.. The default template i made has 3 towns (other details about template can be found in the WIKI.

The idea with template is to create the map the way you like so creating a new template can be a good idea , In small maps there is no chance to have enough room for 3 towns Per zone and other stuff in the template.
Last edited by nevermindspy on 14 Jun 2008, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Jun 2008, 08:06

I am playing an Extra Large map now as well. Thing I noticed is that it opens WAYS up more smoothly than the one in the game. I also loved the mixed stacks, cool B-) With like few hours spend on the Generator (replacing grass and etc.) the map turns out like a real gem :applause:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”