Unbeatable duel preset?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
AWellTrainedFerret
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unbeatable duel preset?

Unread postby AWellTrainedFerret » 03 Jun 2008, 04:22

Um...hello everyone. This looks to be far and away the best place to post my question. I usually avoid forums because of the general trolls and flamers they attract, but I have a question that needs answering.

Me and my gf have been playing around with duel presets a lot recently, and I've come across a predicament. I created a duel preset with Lucretia, the Vampire Princess. Gave her light magic for haste, endurance, righteous might, etc. All her artifacts are for defense/strength/initiative; as are her stats. Her army is nothing but Vamp Lords.

And now, when the battle starts, I stick all those Vamps into one large stack and charge. I've found that absolutely nothing can beat her.

I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas on a strategy to counter this?

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 03 Jun 2008, 08:22

Try some Divine Vengeance based hero. Preferably the one with non-living troops so the Vamps won't refenerate on them. I'd expect Jhora with Expert Sorcery and Expert Light + Mark of the Wizard (add more skills and artifacts as seems appropriate, tweak stats for high SP and Knowledge) and an army of Golems and Gargoyles to beat your Lucretia.
If you can use Magical Immunity on the Vamps, then a Might-based hero may work. Try a Dwarf (not sure which of them exactly) with high Att and Def and an army of their Dragons (non-living so Vamps won't drain life from them), plus some runes (Rune of Resurrection should do wonders there, and that one which causes the unit to attack twice). Add combat skills as appropriate, and Light Magic with Divine Vengeance to force the Necro to use Magical Immunity (and thus remove any buffs from the Vamps).

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 03 Jun 2008, 14:58

Or how about the exact same kind of guy except with Klaus and paladins...maybe some vampirism spell to reproduce the effect.

Or Ylithin with Pristine unicorns.

In short Duel editor is no fun unless you're trying to make balanced equal heroes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”