Are the campaigns fun enough??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Are the campaigns fun enough??

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 05 May 2008, 19:21

I'm playing the campaigns for Heroes V, i really liked Haven, but now with Inferno i'm really bored coz i don't like Inferno, i just wanna know if the other campaigns for Heroes V are fun coz i just wanted to play with Academy but you need to finish all the other factions first...
Oh Hypocrisy! A world full of n00bs Indeed!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 May 2008, 19:31

The Inferno campaign is an oddity, as you often have to rely on speed and Sylvan troops to win. I thought it was more fun than the Haven tutorial, but things do get more interesting later on. However, the best campaigns are in the expansions in my opinion.

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 06 May 2008, 04:55

I think the Dungeon and Sylvan campaigns are the best. Haven campaign is a tutorial, Inferno campaign is a fake inferno campaign (same goes for Academy).

In Dungeon and Sylvan campaigns you get to play with your castles on most missions and utilize their fun racial aspects, as well as enjoy huge battles where you are at a severe number disadvantage.

Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 06 May 2008, 18:54

I didn't liked Inferno coz you have Elvish creatures??? why!!! i think the campaigns should teach you to play with that faction, thanks to god i finished the Inferno campaings yesterday and now i'm with the necros...

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 06 May 2008, 19:16

The Necros campaign is pretty good, I guess, but my beef with them is Markal's special ability; it makes it too easy.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 07 May 2008, 00:10

I had fun with the campaigns but I was disappointed that once again the wizard did not get an academy campaign but got a combined campaign instead.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Za_Blacky
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Za_Blacky » 07 May 2008, 02:32

what is markals ability that makes it really easy?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 07 May 2008, 04:07

I think campaigns should require a good knowledge of how to play. I think a tutorial should be a seperate thing. The knight got gypped.

For me dungeon campaign was the most fun. In Tribes I had fun with the orc missions but I don't remember much else.

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 07 May 2008, 09:01

All Undead neutrals automatically join you. Yeah. So.... You can't really lose.

Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 07 May 2008, 13:33

Well i don't like necro's campaigns too, coz you play with haven's heroes and creatures, so there is any campaign that you play just with that faction?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 May 2008, 14:33

Aerosoldier wrote:Well i don't like necro's campaigns too, coz you play with haven's heroes and creatures, so there is any campaign that you play just with that faction?
Yes :)

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Re: Are the campaigns fun enough??

Unread postby Darmani » 08 May 2008, 01:23

Aerosoldier wrote:i just wanna know if the other campaigns for Heroes V are fun
For the most part, they aren't. Additionally, for some people, Sylvan Campaign Scenario 1 still has a bug that makes it unwinnable.

Stick with Heroes I-IV. Buy them if you haven't already.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 08 May 2008, 03:09

Right, no bugs in heroes 1-4.

Aerosoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Aerosoldier » 08 May 2008, 03:49

I remember the Castle Campaign in Heroes III where you have to kill Orrin?? you know the uber powerfull hero, tried for 3 weeks and finally killed him long ago...

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Re: Are the campaigns fun enough??

Unread postby danhvo » 08 May 2008, 05:43

Darmani wrote:Additionally, for some people, Sylvan Campaign Scenario 1 still has a bug that makes it unwinnable.
Strange. I played all campaigns, but don't remember any major bug, let alone one that makes a scenario unwinnable. I must have been lucky.

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 08 May 2008, 09:50

For the most part, they aren't.
For the most part, they are. There are a few select campaigns which suck, and they are all in vanilla.

And my opinion is better then yours for unspecified reasons.

nestor79bgd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nestor79bgd » 15 May 2008, 09:35

Well, I had fun with certain campaigns, but unexpectedly the ultimate best was the Sullivan campaign! Findan was a real joy to play with! Don't leave him without Light magic though; Resurrection is like air for him!!!
I liked Raelag too, but I had no idea what does the element stuff do!!!
And how come he was the only one that had empowered destructive spells!
Now I'm playing TOE campaign, and it looks promising!
Don't give up, take your own time but try to finish! Disappointment comes at the very end of H5 campaign, at least for me it did :mad:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 May 2008, 17:51

Aerosoldier wrote:I didn't liked Inferno coz you have Elvish creatures??? why!!! i think the campaigns should teach you to play with that faction, thanks to god i finished the Inferno campaings yesterday and now i'm with the necros...
I replayed Agrael's campaign before few days and crushed elves in both maps with Inferno creatures only. The only time Agrael had an Sylvan creature was on map 4 when I needed to sacrifice them for XP (aka giving them to Shadow Dragons).

In 3rd map, the neemy has three towns. Take over first town quickly and then rush to NW to take over 2nd town. Don't fight the phoenixes, but go straight north and then west when you hit the road.
Once you own this town, you are free to build up all you conquered and explore the map because the last town doesn't do anything for a long time. If you are careful, Gilraen will start moving when you explored 90% of the map and built your Inferno completely. Take him down and conquer the last town with ease.

On 4th map, go to underground (no need to rush... let OP build Inferno up). Once you build it up a bit and assemble a decent army, start conquering. The town you need to capture in order to complete the objective NEVER moves, so once you capture first three towns and kill all Sylvan heroes, you will have luxury of deciding when to attack. Use the time to explore the map and strenghten Agrael. Very soon you will be able to not just take over the capital, but also to crush garrisons šrotecting it.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Allaryia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Allaryia » 01 Jun 2008, 15:51

The Inferno campaign, is quite dificult. Because, you must battle Sylvan Heroes and Troops. In the beggining is easy but the third mission starts to be very difficult, I think!

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 02 Jun 2008, 15:51

Allaryia wrote:The Inferno campaign, is quite dificult. Because, you must battle Sylvan Heroes and Troops. In the beggining is easy but the third mission starts to be very difficult, I think!
As I told in previous post, if you know what you are doing, it is very easy to use only Inferno troops to win. And I am not an expert in HoMM.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”