HV -> The Warlock -> The Cultists HELP

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

HV -> The Warlock -> The Cultists HELP

Unread postby RiccElijah » 05 May 2008, 08:35

I've read in the walktrough that you need Destructive or summoning or even light spells to beat this map.. so is it impossible to beat it with Enlightmen, War machines, Luck, Defense and Attack?? sholud I start the campaign from the beginning with a different skill choice?

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 05 May 2008, 09:52

I highly doubt it. Warlocks are heroes that are centered around spellcasting.

You have to fight 7 high level warlocks, each starting with an army about as strong as yours. No matter how good you are, you will lose by attrition alone. You have to beat them while fending off 3 powerful Inferno armies on 2 castles. If you try to defend and build up, you will get crushed because the computer has access to 5 castles as opposed to the two on your island. Rushing won't work well, because you will simply run out of troops to fight with - every time an enemy warlock gets a turn it will happily carve out a chunk of your army.

Also, consider the following: The next two maps are designed around your hero being a powerful spellcaster. You will regularly fight 100-300+ unit stacks.

In other words, the only way you stand a chance of winning this if you use Shadya as your main hero. Alternatively, restart and get yourself a magic skill.

Light Magic's main appeal is the ability to resurrect your troops as well as a decent nuke for fighting Inferno troops. But it hinges on you getting the right spell from the Dragon Utopia or Mage Vault in the second mission.

Destructive Magic, well, it hurts like a mother. Warlock's Luck + Empowered Spells + Ultimate = supreme damage. Summoning functions effectively as the same thing, the Phoenix/Firewarrior combo is tremendously powerful.

Dark Magic, while very powerful in the last mission, offers little. It will not speed up the killing of enemy units nor will it revive yours. At best, it protects you from the enemy army, but the heroes will still inflict catastrophic casualties on you. Don't get me wrong, it's probably the most powerful school in the game, but as far as the Cultists map is concerned, it's worthless.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 May 2008, 14:25

Why... would anyone give so many might skills to warlock and add Enlightenment to them?
You should better restart the campaign and use advices Konfeta posted.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”