Any way to preview what skills you get from leveling up?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Any way to preview what skills you get from leveling up?

Unread postby konfeta » 30 Apr 2008, 09:05

The choice of skills you get seems to be predetermined from the start of the map, like a branching pathway (if you get skill X, you will get choice of A, B,C, D on the next level up, if you get skill Y, you will get B, E, F, G choices instead; and so on).

I feel like experimenting with a couple specific builds in the campaign with ToTE (Nature's Luck Findan and Triple Imbue Ballista Findan, and stuff like that), but I don't feel like spending couple of hours replaying the same map until I get the skills I need.

So, anyone knows how to find out the seed or a quick way to check this stuff in ToTE?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 30 Apr 2008, 13:10

I'm guessing you know about the skill wheel?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 30 Apr 2008, 17:34

Metathron wrote:I'm guessing you know about the skill wheel?
That's not what he asked.

Even if there's a way to check that, it would be pretty hard to show something like that. The (pseudo-random) path will be affected by your choice at each level. With up to 4 choices per level, the number of permutations from level 1 to, say, 20, would be astronomical. Plus, it will be completely altered along the way if you visit a Witch's Hut.

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 30 Apr 2008, 21:14

Hmm, I guess the best way would be to cheat in level up and write down the appropriate skillpath for each level. That still might take a long time depending on my luck, but better then replaying.

Anyone knows how to activate the console for TotE?

*Scratch that, any way to actually activate cheats for TotE? The console works fine, but it seems the autoconfig command that activates the special commands doesn't work.

Or am I typing it in wrong? I selected Findan, typed add_exp 10000 ; and nothing happened.

**Scratch that twice. I am an idiot. You need to actually type enable_cheats first. It works, and you can apparently skip across the campaign xp cap.

While I am still here, anyone knows how to view all the commands avaivable through the 'help' command? I only see 10 tops, out of the supposed 400+. I know there are other interesting things you can do that, like view your hero's primary skills progresison (Att/Def/SpP/Knw).

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 30 Apr 2008, 22:31

Return to “Heroes V-VI”