English language in Nival's patch ReadMe's

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

English language in Nival's patch ReadMe's

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 25 Apr 2008, 13:30

Today I went through all the trouble of updating my newly-reinstalled Heroes V from version 1.0 to version 1.6. So far so good. Then I decided to view the ReadMe's and see what's inside and what has changed since the game was published. And just what do I see? Lousy English with numerous errors in grammar! Good grief. One would have at least enjoyed seeing quite ordinary use of English, nothing fancy but Nival's laziness at correcting the most usual mistakes went beyond all reason.

You don't have to take my word for it. See for yourself.
Incomprehensible!

Nival, go and hire some proper translators!

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

jeff

Re: English language in Nival's patch ReadMe's

Unread postby jeff » 25 Apr 2008, 14:05

Yurian Stonebow wrote:
Nival, go and hire some proper translators! Yurian
Or better, UBI go and hire a proper game producer for Heroes VI. ;)
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Re: English language in Nival's patch ReadMe's

Unread postby Lepastur » 26 Apr 2008, 05:26

jeff wrote:
Yurian Stonebow wrote:
Nival, go and hire some proper translators! Yurian
Or better, UBI go and hire a proper game producer for Heroes VI. ;)
I guess it's too late for that.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Apr 2008, 08:20

Why do fans bash Ubi when Nival is the one who made the mistake, and bash Nival when Ubi makes a mistake?
Translations are Ubi's problem.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 26 Apr 2008, 10:03

Well it's ubi who hires the translators and in any case I'm not even sure if Nival took any part in that.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 26 Apr 2008, 12:42

Elvin wrote:Well it's ubi who hires the translators and in any case I'm not even sure if Nival took any part in that.
I actually usually blame UBI, they own the franchise now and therefore they are the ones responsible for the product. Nival does what Nival does, and if UBI isn't happy with it, it's for UBI to step up and do something. Sadly based on their actions, they must be satisfied with what the get. :disagree:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 29 Apr 2008, 12:19

I thought that Nival as devoloper company is responsible for the quality of translation used in-game and ReadMe's? Why would the publisher be responsible for in-game and related material? Aren't Ubi just the people who make sure that the finished product sees daylight?

I wish to state here and now that despite my point of view, I also support jeff's argument that Ubi is to take the blame in the end also for Nival's mistakes because "...they own the franchise now and therefore they are the ones responsible for the product".

Enough said.

Yurian

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Apr 2008, 13:28

Ubisoft is pulling the strings in this partnership, so if something still goes wrong after all those years they should get the blame.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Apr 2008, 15:27

I thought that Nival as devoloper company is responsible for the quality of translation used in-game and ReadMe's? Why would the publisher be responsible for in-game and related material? Aren't Ubi just the people who make sure that the finished product sees daylight?
Nival's only responsibility is to make the game. Translations, concept art, PR menaging, publishing, business and game decisions, storyline, etc. are Ubi's responsibility.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 29 Apr 2008, 15:49

Okay. I can see the pattern: first Nival is being lazy at doing their job (the game, which has some sloppy coding resulting in numerous bugs and terrible patching problems) and Ubisoft is being lazy at hiring proper translators and other related people, next Ubisoft overlooks fan feedback and continues using the same 'good old methods' with the Russian company selected as the developer for the next part of the Heroes saga.

Good grief.

*decides to uninstall all games on his PC that are by Ubisoft*

Yurian

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Apr 2008, 16:49

I can see the pattern: first Nival is being lazy at doing their job (the game, which has some sloppy coding resulting in numerous bugs and terrible patching problems)
I can't find any major bugs in my H5TotE and I played it a lot. In fact, even minor bugs are rare to me.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”