New Necromancy Perks suggestion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
SmokeyTheBear
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

New Necromancy Perks suggestion

Unread postby SmokeyTheBear » 18 Apr 2008, 07:30

A common complaint I've heard about the new Necromancy is the lack of Dark Energy Points. What about adding six new perks, each lessening the Dark Energy requirement for each tier(except 7) by 10%?

War Machines->Bone Reassembler --Requires Eternal Servitude and First Aid Tent, reduces Skeleton DE cost

Defence->Flesh Crafter --Requires Eternal Servitude and Vitality, reduces Zombie DE cost

Summoning->Spirit Binder --Requires Banshee Howl and Master of Conjuration, reduces Ghost DE cost

Leadership->Vampiric Bite --Requires Eternal Servitude and Diplomacy, reduces Vampire DE cost

Sorcery->Lich Mentor --Requires Mark of the Necromancer and Arcane Training, reduces Lich DE cost

Dark Magic->Defiler --Requires Banshee Howl and Master of Pain, reduces Wight DE cost

This is something I just thought up, since the perks are now quite common across all classes, I thought the necromancers should get something more special.

ramparter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ramparter » 18 Apr 2008, 10:20

I'm afraid it's not possible to change those abilities so they give you extra DE points. That's hardcoded stuff.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 19 Apr 2008, 07:21

Even if it can be done, I'm not sure the 10% reduction is enticing enough for me to pick the ability, considering the demanding prerequisites. 20% maybe.

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 21 Apr 2008, 09:23

How exactly dark points are increased without a castel? i saw that every hero give +1 DP, every level give +25?..What was you maximum dark point you got?

Dacarnix_
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dacarnix_ » 21 Apr 2008, 19:11

bethrezen wrote:How exactly dark points are increased without a castel? i saw that every hero give +1 DP, every level give +25?..What was you maximum dark point you got?
Actually, it's a good bit more complicated than that. There's a lookup table for Basic, Advanced, Expert, and Ultimate Necromancy skill by hero level. So from level 1 to 40, there are a total of 160 possible lookup table quantities of Dark Energy each hero can add to your overall pool.

I think it's a neat idea... Bringing back the possibility for outright free Skeletons with all the right skills and artifacts would certainly be interesting.

travelingoz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby travelingoz » 22 Apr 2008, 02:37

Easy: Start with Lucretia, get enlightenment and then mentoring as quick as you can (may have to spend a few dollars at the memory mentor!). Then hire as many necro heroes as you can. An amulet of necormancy will certainly help and if you can get 5+ heroes leveled up, your DE should be over 1600 and you can raise about 80+ vamps a week! Game over! :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”