Ultimate Rage - when?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ultimate Rage - when?

Unread postby BigBadPig » 03 Apr 2008, 10:40

Hello!
I apologise for such a newbie question posted in separate topic, it's just that I've finally got the Absolute Rage for my barbarian - for the first time in 2 years! - and now I somehow can't find the requirements for the Ultimate Rage. When does it become available? Or what are the requirements needed to get it?

humleren
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby humleren » 03 Apr 2008, 11:15

I not 100 % sure but I think you need a artifact to get ultimate for any skill, but sorry cant remember the name...

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 03 Apr 2008, 11:16

treants are dendrosexual 0_o

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 03 Apr 2008, 13:23

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you need the Pendant of Mastery for this.

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 03 Apr 2008, 13:48

No other way short of the pendant? Seems strange, doesn't it? And most unfortunate - for barbarians, anyway. So Ubival invented the skill level to be achievable only by wearing an artifact? Silly, if ask me. And twice as silly and unfortunate, as the only artifact set for barbarians consists of a necklace, among other things. Are you guys sure that's the only way?

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 03 Apr 2008, 14:11

I think's there a bit of confusion here as to what the author really wants... Does he want the "Absolute Rage" skill, which rerquires several paths to get, or does he just want the ultimate Blood Rage which is a single path?? 8| 8|
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Apr 2008, 15:11

I think he makes it pretty clear that he's looking for the requirements for Ultimate Rage. I agree that it's silly the ultimate skills can only be got by wearing an artifact. There should be some other way, off the top of my head, why shouldn't it become available when all the skill & subskill slots have been filled, i.e. around level 35?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 03 Apr 2008, 17:32

Sigh...

If you take the correct skill path according to the skill wheel which you can get from the CH main page...you get

Absolute rage: +500 rage points at the start of combat.

___
If you have expert blood rage and you get artifact necklace you get

Ultimate blood rage: threshold for rage levels reduced.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 03 Apr 2008, 17:52

Metathron wrote:I agree that it's silly the ultimate skills can only be got by wearing an artifact.
The purpose of the Pendant is to increase your skill level by one. They added the "ultimate" level so that the Pendant is not wasted once you max out your skill. If there is another way to gain it, then what would happen if you have it AND wear the Pendant?

But I agree that the idea of opening up this level once you've filled up all your skill and abilities slots seems pretty reasonable.

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 03 Apr 2008, 18:08

I was talking about the Ultimate Rage, which appears in the skillwheel in the end of the "main" rage skill tree: Basic Rage, Advanced Rage, Expert Rage and then the Ultimate Rage. The Path to the Absolute Rage is sure known to me (I told in the beginning of the post, that I've finally got it with my barbarian, Cragh). So, in my opinion, if the only way to get the Ultimate Rage is by wearing an artifact - which one may or may not get! - then it's clearly a mistake of the developers.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 03 Apr 2008, 21:28

There are many skills/abilities that you can get only by wearing an artifact. I don't see how this one is any different.

You are assuming that because it's listed on the skill wheel, it must be obtainable by level progression. Aurelain could easily leave it out.

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 03 Apr 2008, 22:19

danhvo wrote:There are many skills/abilities that you can get only by wearing an artifact. I don't see how this one is any different.

You are assuming that because it's listed on the skill wheel, it must be obtainable by level progression. Aurelain could easily leave it out.
However, he didn't, did he?

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 03 Apr 2008, 22:28

Then that would be his "mistake", if you insist, not the game developers'.

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 03 Apr 2008, 22:36

danhvo wrote:Then that would be his "mistake", if you insist, not the game developers'.
Wrong. He made the skillwheel, not the game; why would it be HIS mistake to include that skill in it?

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 04 Apr 2008, 09:24

Skill is ok as it should be. It was not a mistake, it was intended that way. So developers did it exactly the way they wanted it, and it is perfectly fine imho.

Next thing people would want is quadruple ballista, which can only be achieved by wearing an artifact as well.

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 04 Apr 2008, 09:58

Why, it would be funny...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”