New H5 maps Discussions

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

New H5 maps Discussions

Unread postby Akul » 26 Mar 2008, 20:26

I made this topic for the simple reason of discussing new maps without creating new treads. Post your opinions and short reviews about new maps here.

Today, a new map called "The Wrong Mercenary" was uploaded. It is a SP scenario where you play with an barbarian hero.
I didn't play a lot, but the fact that all cities are called "Undefined" is a bit annoying. Also, I coudn't see anything from the story which also doesn't help the reputation.
I must say the first impression didn't impress me very much, but I'll see if there is more to the map then it meets the eye.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 27 Mar 2008, 13:55

I played a map called "Vampire Lover" recently that I really enjoyed. It's a single player scenario where you get to play as Ornella (sp?). It looked nice and played really well.

Not sure if the map is new, but I recommend it.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 27 Mar 2008, 14:30

AngelEyes wrote:I played a map called "Vampire Lover" recently that I really enjoyed. It's a single player scenario where you get to play as Ornella (sp?). It looked nice and played really well.

Not sure if the map is new, but I recommend it.
Every map Sarvi makes is to be reccomended. He is one of the best (if not THE best) makers of SP maps in community.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 28 Mar 2008, 14:48

Two new H5ToE maps today and both done by well-known mapmakers.

First one is Breakout by Sarvi. This map can be played as both SP and MP, tough it is more of an MP map.
Design of landscape ain't the best, but it ain't the worst either.
I gave this map rating of 9 for simple reason that I got bored after playing around half of it. However, the forst half was fun for a long time.

Second one is Mining Tycoon, done by Rdeford. It is one of most complex H5 maps regarding scripts and it adds some tycoon elements into usual HoMM gameplay.
Because of the great idea, its share complexity and fun-factor, I gave this map rating of 10.

Markal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Markal » 09 Apr 2008, 02:11

I agree with both of your last comments but I think I'm just a bit more critical than you on Breakout. I got bored with it quickly and simply quit. The map was put together well enough but there wasn't anything that made it stand out in my mind. Also, I played it after I played the mining tycoon which was the most innovative map that I've played in a long time. I wish I had done them in reverse order maybe it wouldn't have made Breakout seem as dull.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 09 Apr 2008, 12:09

Not being an expert, I don't play for difficulty, I don't play to beat the clock, I really enjor the eye candy. That said, I played Breakout allies and was frustrated by my allies. I played Sylvan and selected Academy for a partner. The first time through they really sucked. They didn't flag all of the mines, they went adventuring without securing their area and I got eaten alive by the bad guys. The second time I sent them resources and money, I also clear out the opposing players and they did what I needed them to do. It seemed to me, back when (Heroes 3 or 4) that you could visit an allies castle but I was unable to enter theirs. I also couldn't see what they needed for resources and didn't want to run the cheats. If this was the game and not the map, I can't say I was disapointed.

I am currently playing a gane Avalon which is 1/2 done. It was designed for 4 players but has only been completed for 2 thus far. From an eye candy standpoint, I'm loving it. I also have Wengel up to level 36 and am about 1/2 way through. There are a lot of twists and turns in the map so I couldn't rush through it up to this point and there are some very difficult fights. If that's you game you might try this.

I didn't download Mining Tycoon yet but after what you've all said, I think I'll try that next.

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 09 Apr 2008, 17:14

Ed Robinson wrote:It seemed to me, back when (Heroes 3 or 4) that you could visit an allies castle but I was unable to enter theirs.
This is one of my minor gripes about the game. I used to like being able to enter my ally's town and learn spells (or maybe even buy artifacts). Wish they'd put this back in.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 08 Jun 2008, 10:12

Two new H5TotE maps have been uploaded.

One of them is called Warlord's Calmity and can be adviced to play to everyone who liked the old Warlords map.

The second map is "The Great Canyone". It has a nice design but requires a strong PC to be played. My PC can play every map on highest details, but this one lags as nothing I have ever see. Lagging or not, this maps sure looks good.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 09 Jun 2008, 16:46

I just completed a map called "Europe". I think I got it on Maps for Heroes. Lots of upgrade perks and lots of tough fights. It was so large it really lagged. I enjoyed it from the standpoint of being challenging but I could have mowed the lawn waiting for the opponents to complete their turns.

This brings up one of my wish list items, why can't we be allowed 8 heroes on the ground but have as many as we want like the older games? I like to cover my bacon by keeping a hero in a castle even though I don't use them. If you have no one home and your creatures are improved, you can't recruit more from the creature generators.

difool
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby difool » 11 Jun 2008, 18:46

The Great Canyon just got uploaded here. I got it off that Russian site a couple of months ago, so I don't know if this has been updated or not. In the one I played. there are huge imbalances between where the various factions are located on the map. Some will be in an isolated corner and can build up without being bothered too much, while others are placed in the crossroads of the map, where every nearby AI player which so much as sniffs weakness will invade you en masse. Otherwise it's big, good for exploration type players, some interesting side areas.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 15 Jun 2008, 13:09

I just completed the Great Canyon and really enjoyed themap. It is huge with lots of teleporters which makes it difficult to protect the areas you have already secured. Lots of opportunity to advance heroes and enough resources to build. Very nice.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Jun 2008, 17:36

A new map from Sarvi, named Dark Alliance, has been uploaded. This is a Sarvi map so don't even dare to not download it!

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 24 Jun 2008, 19:58

Akul wrote:A new map from Sarvi, named Dark Alliance, has been uploaded. This is a Sarvi map so don't even dare to not download it!
Thanks for the heads-up...I look forward to playing it!

skJackson
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby skJackson » 24 Jun 2008, 20:08

Yo, question. When I download these maps what is the file extension that I throw all the maps into in order for them to show up when I am in game and chosing a map?

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 24 Jun 2008, 22:28

There is a "Maps" folder under Program Files/Ubisoft/... if you loaded with the default settings. Unzip the file in another directory then copy the maps to the Maps folder.

Enjoy...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Jun 2008, 19:13

A new H5std map has been uploaded:

Map Name: Beginning
Author: finkellll
Map Type: Singleplayer, 1 Human, 2 Computer Only
Map Size: XL
Game Version: H5std
Gameplay style: Classic HoMM gameplay

slimoli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slimoli » 10 Jul 2008, 14:35

Has anybody played Double_Futa ? I can't do anything else after the battle with the Southwest Town. I teleported to the dungeon, took the other town there, took my original town back (northeast) but nothing else is happening. I guess I need to be teleported to the nothwest corner and cross the bridge to get the boat, but how ? I also can't figure how to access the yellow town. This is an interesting map but I think there is something wrong.

Help !

Sergio

Return to “Heroes V-VI”