Spell Casting- Need Help

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Yathi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Spell Casting- Need Help

Unread postby Yathi » 13 Mar 2008, 13:15

Hi folks m new to HOMM. I have got myself HOMMV but i have a big doubt in this spell casting. Most of the times my spellbook gets filled wid lower order spells n i m never able to get any higher more powerful spells.

For example in Warlock I had Eldritch Arrow, Ice Bolt n Circle of Winter wid their empowered versions.

Tat's it my destructive magic got filled up.:(. Couldn't learn anything else. I know there should be something behind it. There should be some way to unlearn spells if we want right??? Pls help me out here. I even got expert destructive magic but still not able to get fireball or armgeddon!!!. Actually till now i have not got a level 5 spell. Level 4 i get sometimes by luck when i don't have too many lower level spells of tat school. Pls help me.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 13 Mar 2008, 13:19

You do have NEXT PAGE button in the spellbook. Low level spells do not take place of the higher ones. You should be able to get all of them if you have apropriate magic skill.

Yathi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yathi » 13 Mar 2008, 13:24

But the next page will go to another school of magic right? N i m not sayin lower level spells replacing the higher ones, the higher level spells r not replacing the low level ones.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 13 Mar 2008, 13:32

They should not replace low level ones, you should get all in the list. And next page does not mean switch to next school, it just opens new page of the same school. There are 12/13 spells for each school, and you can have them all learned at same time.

If you have for example expert destructive, and mage guild containing lv4/5 spells, you will have them written in your spellbook, you just need to list the pages there. Last learned spells are on last page and so on.

Yathi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yathi » 13 Mar 2008, 13:38

oh oh ok. Will try tat out. Thanks a lot bro. :)

RustedSorrow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RustedSorrow » 13 Mar 2008, 13:39

You cannot 'unlearn' spells once you have obtained them. You can have all the spells of Destructive magic at the same time(provided that you have learned them from a magic guild). Press the Combat spells and you will find all the spells that your hero has learned there.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 13 Mar 2008, 16:51

press the arrow thingy's at the top corners to go to higher level spells
if you can't find them I'll post a screenshot
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Yathi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yathi » 15 Mar 2008, 17:07

Yeah thanks a lot bro. Got the little arrow. Coz its not there in the beginning i missed it. Its stupid of me tat i din find out. Thanks a lot.:)

Slepytchee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Slepytchee » 25 Apr 2008, 14:39

:-)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”