Choosing a faction

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
bltbri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Choosing a faction

Unread postby bltbri » 12 Mar 2008, 15:29

Hi all! I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having. Why is it that when I start a single player custom game I'm forced to play as the faction that appears first on the list? For example, I recently began the map, Playground of the Gods. A very enjoyable map so far btw! Anyway, before the game begins I am forced to play as the Inferno faction while the AI takes all the others. Why can't I play as any of the other factions and let the AI take Inferno? Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to choose multiplayer? Thanks in advance!

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 12 Mar 2008, 15:33

It depends on the map. For that specific map you should be able to change the faction you play by changing your color.

bltbri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bltbri » 12 Mar 2008, 15:46

Tried it. Faction and color each have their own buttons to toggle. The very first toggle button lets you choose whether that faction will be human or AI controlled. In this case, it is the Inferno faction and I can choose to make it either player one or "locked".
The other factions give the option to make them AI or "locked". There is no option to change it to player one even if Inferno is "locked". I assume "locked" means neutral. The only thing I can think of is that the author intended the player to play as this, and only this, faction.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 12 Mar 2008, 15:53

I took a look.

In Single Player mode the second toggle is a colored flag with a number on it. Pushing the right arrow next to it changes which one you are and also changes the faction...

No need to lock anything.

bltbri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bltbri » 12 Mar 2008, 16:14

Thanks Phoenix! I'll give it a shot tonight!

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Mar 2008, 17:04

yes, just click the flag ;)
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

bltbri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bltbri » 13 Mar 2008, 16:45

Success! I knew my brain was probably just locking up! Thank you all!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”