Stuck on Heroes V, TotE. . . help!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ErikModi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Stuck on Heroes V, TotE. . . help!

Unread postby ErikModi » 02 Mar 2008, 00:28

I'm on the fifth campaign mission for Arantir and Ornella. I've combed pretty much all of the map, except for the Northeast corner. I've talked to the ghost at the garrison, killed his murderes, and collected the reward for doing so. However, he STILL won't let me past into the rest of the map. What's going on?!?!?!?!?

Sorry for the hyperbole, but I'm both sick and frustrated. Anyone know what the deal is? What am I supposed to do? How do I get to Flammschrein? How is anyone supposed to figure this out?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Mar 2008, 00:31

Don't worry, the instructions in this mission are clearly too hazy and ambiguous.

You are supposed to position four necromancers (Arantir excluded, Ornella included) at the four points of power, or however they're called.

ErikModi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ErikModi » 02 Mar 2008, 17:41

Ah, thanks. You know, the ghost could have made a mention of that later. . . instead of just saying "thanks, be on your way" he could have said "thanks, and don't forget to sacrifice your necromancers at the demon alters to advance."

And was I the only one peeved that you had to lose Ornella? She was my best hero.

asuka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asuka » 03 Mar 2008, 04:54

ErikModi wrote:Ah, thanks. You know, the ghost could have made a mention of that later. . . instead of just saying "thanks, be on your way" he could have said "thanks, and don't forget to sacrifice your necromancers at the demon alters to advance."

And was I the only one peeved that you had to lose Ornella? She was my best hero.
I was also saddened losing her. I liked her voice..
Good thing my best hero was Arantir.

RustedSorrow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RustedSorrow » 03 Mar 2008, 14:23

Ornella was my best hero as well. I even tried to sacrifice Arantir. Apparently I failed. But you should manage to win the final battle even with weaker Arantir as you must have plenty of army by sacrificing haven troops in your necro town. He is outnumbered three to one so eventually you will outgrow him(if you are playing on Normal. The AI cheats on hard and heroic and forces you to rush.)

ErikModi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ErikModi » 03 Mar 2008, 17:05

Yeah. . . I was dumb and didn't do that, nor did I salvage all the armies from my sacrificed necros. But I still had a pretty large army when I hit Flammshcrien, and conquered it. Go go necromancy!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 03 Mar 2008, 19:50

RustedSorrow wrote:... The AI cheats on hard and heroic and forces you to rush.)
Well, depends of how many Haven troops you turn into necro ones, cause I've never had problems with squashing Laszlo, no matter the difficulty :|

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 03 Mar 2008, 19:58

You mean Orlando... :D

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 03 Mar 2008, 20:00

Whatever, both of them suck; simply putted :D

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 05 Mar 2008, 20:29

Errr... in TotE it's not like that...

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Mar 2008, 19:47

No, you have not been playing TotE for the last 12 months because it hasn't been out that long.

So what parcaleste probably meant is that Necromancy has been tweaked in TotE.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 07 Mar 2008, 20:32

To be more specific, the "raise skeleton archers" special is gone completely in ToTE and the necro ability has been toned down heavily. There is no way to raise 3K+ archers in ToTE, even in a long scenario. "Raise Dead" spell has also been neutered.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Mar 2008, 13:39

OpPrime wrote:*Random pompus idiocy*
parcaleste wrote:Errr... in TotE it's not like that...
Metathron wrote:No, you have not been playing TotE for the last 12 months because it hasn't been out that long.

So what parcaleste probably meant is that Necromancy has been tweaked in TotE.
Thread cleaned. OpPrime is an old "acquaintance" of the administrators. Nothing he says is to be taken with any less than a tonne of salt.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 09 Mar 2008, 15:40

I thought I smelled smoke...probably because someone's pants were on fire.

And there was no need for any salt, his posts were pretty much nonsense.

Thanks Kalah.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”